This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CentOS 7 Minimal
CentOS 7 Minimal
I'm considering installing CentOS 7 minimal 64bit and Sentora 1.0.0 (when it arrives). Will the install work out of the box, or are there any issues with this install. If so what, and how to correct?
Thanks given by:
RE: CentOS 7 Minimal
Hi there,

I've installed Sentora on CentOS 7 about 5 times now. No errors occurred. You just need to make sure that you have a constant internet connection. If Sentora fails to connect to some installation repositories, the whole installation fails and you have to restart everything.

Hope this helps
Regards
Chris
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2014, 05:59 PM)jchris.lemmer Wrote: Hi there,

I've installed Sentora on CentOS 7 about 5 times now. No errors occurred. You just need to make sure that you have a constant internet connection. If Sentora fails to connect to some installation repositories, the whole installation fails and you have to restart everything.

Hope this helps
Regards
Chris

Constant internet connection??? Euh it's mandatory for a server.

Thanks for the feedback.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
So was this with CentOS 7 minimal? Because I imagine the full CentOS 7 has a lot of packages that you would need to uninstall, for a successful Sentora install?

What I'm planning to do is to get a VPS with CentOS 7 minimal installed, or if that is not possible, to get a bare bones VPS with no OS, and to install CentOS 7 minimal myself. But this is all new stuff for me. I have no idea how to install CentOS 7 minimal onto a bare bones VPS. I'm learning as I go.
Thanks given by:
Sentora SHOULD be installed on minimal OS! Never on the full centos 7. & as a server it wouldn't be efficient to load all features without using them.

On VPS you will usually get choice over the OS you want & you can change it later.

Open an account with digital ocean and you will like it & have the choice over the OS ( you will get even 10$ free coupon).

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Im currently running beta on centos7 minimal. I am even using some custom hardware and its running very nicely.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
OS - Ubuntu 18.04 or Centos 8 Qrash 1 4 ,553 01-18-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Jettaman
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,549 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,055 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather