This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Re E-Mails
Re E-Mails
Hi can any of the Mods, Tell me why that when you subscribe to a thead like so:
:Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies:

That you are not receiving a e-mail when someone posts a reply to the thread.
Thanks given by:
RE: Re E-Mails
5050 was working on this. We had a server crash so we are still trying to dig out from under the mess Wink
Thanks given by:
Tom, can you check the settings of the forum ? Do not forget that we lost a full week of tuning !

Emails are sent but Yahoo (and perhaps aol) still refuse them :
Quote:(host mx-eu.mail.am0.yahoodns.net[188.125.69.79] said: 421 4.7.1 [TS03] All messages from 5.196.10.149 will be permanently deferred; Retrying will NOT succeed. See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/421-ts03.html (in reply to MAIL FROM command))

I think they banned our IP after the change of server because the SPF record was not updated fast enough and because the rDNS record was too much "generic". (that was reported by another service)

But it was corrected last week.
I am not used to about what to do with Yahoo now, so if someone have a better knowledge of them, let know here (i have not time to read all their pages of docs before a few hours.)
Thanks given by:
Will take a look a bit later. The forum settings look OK.
Thanks given by:
Thanks 5050, and T.gates,

I thought someone would be working on it, and to top it all I have a Bl*** yahoo e-mail  Angry
its the same with them if you use a different computer, to get your e-mails it is a real
nightmare with them.
Thanks given by:
We are fixing it on sentora own server. We checked it yesterday again and still watching it.

We are aware yahoo had been aggressive on sentora email server and blocking us.

On my own servers I don't have problems with yahoo as keep servers clean, you have to take care for not spamming or forwarding broken emails.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Mails are not going out after enabling Let's Encrypt nscloud 4 8 ,941 10-18-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: zanga
Can send but can't receive mails wljin 1 4 ,772 08-14-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Me.B
How to configure general filter for mails cfreire 0 2 ,791 03-03-2016, 07:59 AM
Last Post: cfreire