This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Start scripts CentOS7
Start scripts CentOS7
I may be wrong here but usually after say a server crash or reboot for what ever reason, wasnt there a set of start scripts to put the panel back up and running? If so they don't seem to be working on CentOS 7
Thanks given by:
RE: Start scripts CentOS7
What you had?

Zpanel/sentora never shipped with such "scripts". All services are set to auto start. Beside that you need to backup your server configuration/data files/DB.

Read the docs.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
The auto start of services was what I meant, however after a crash earlier today they failed to start. It was quicker and easier for me to wipe clean and start over so i dont have the logs any more nor am I able to recreate the problem but may be something worth looking into if/when you have time.
Thanks given by:
If they failed to start that means something got broken.

If mySQL db files are corrupt you have an issue and many services will fail.

M B
Read the docs. And build a backup plan for your own server as any admin will do.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I had/have a backup plan in place which is why it was quicker and easier for me to wipe the box and start again than try and go through fixing the problem so apologies for bringing it up without more information...

On a separate note I am having a slight problem with receiving mail although my send mail is functioning ok. So gonna hijack my own thread rather than start another but was hoping you could tell me the permissions i need to set to correct the following

temporary failure. Command output: Can't open log file /var/log/dovecot.log: Permission denied
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; Can't open log file /var/log/dovecot.log: Permission denied

I have managed to replicate the problem on every fresh install I do on CentOS7 (its across any domain I add even if I only add the one admin domain.) I can see there is an error with a user writing to the log file and if i set the logs temporarily to 777 it seems to fix the problem hopwever for security id rather just allow the required user the right access but i am unable to tell at present what user that is.
Thanks given by:
Could check if the file already exist if not then type this command:
touch /var/log/dovecot.log

Thanks for the bug report we will try to check it / reproduce it.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
still apache issues..... with centos 7. websites default to panel.
Thanks given by:
Im confused Apache seems to be running fine (for me at least) all sites point the correct hosted site when loaded or set. Only problem was the e-mail one and in answer to your question

Could check if the file already exist if not then type this command:
touch /var/log/dovecot.log

the file does exist and when i change the chmod on it the e-mails work too I just wiped clean and started again with clean install and left it this time whilst I wait for the official release
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
PLZ Help me install ssl in my own VPS Centos7 Sentora panel younessesoft 1 3 ,832 05-26-2020, 07:34 PM
Last Post: 5050
sentora creates vhost but it displays the apache start page timce2000 4 9 ,493 06-17-2018, 11:31 AM
Last Post: TGates
SQL Job failed to start itzdaniel483 1 4 ,109 05-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Last Post: TGates