This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

filezilla and /etc/
filezilla and /etc/
hi, i want reach /etc/ with filezilla but cannot wich ftp account create or how todo because i want
to download net2ftp to the direktory like you see in the image.' the image is not mine' is a example i found in the internet from the website http://zen.web.id/install-net2ftp-filema...i-sentora/

i can create ftp account to publish websites without problem.
thank for your contribution
[Image: apps-net2ftp.png]
Thanks given by:
RE: filezilla and /etc/
You would need to use your root account (SSH) to login and access the other folders not related to Sentora hosted sites.
I no longer use FileZilla for server management since I now run Ubuntu on my server. I prefer to use WinSCP instead. It allows you to log into your server using SSH or FTP. (FileZilla may too, but I find WinSCP to be easier for my needs)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Like TGates said use SFTP with your root ssh account, but it also works in Filezilla..
Just insert your IP address root and password en select port 22 (SFTP) instaed of the standart ftp port 21 like so:

[Image: DnpXLtw.jpg]

P.S. and i prefer Filezilla Tongue

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: TGates
THANK FOR YOUR ADVISES IL WILL TRY BUT BEFORE I NEED TO RETRIEVE ABILITY TO LOG WITH ROOT PASSWORD BECAUSE I HAVE INSTALLED A KEY PAIR AND DISABLED ROOT PASSWORD IN MY UBUNTU FOR SECURITY RAISON
Thanks given by:
like i think when tried with filezilla cannot connect received error

Erreur :    Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
Thanks given by:
Then you have changed some things..
Can you use normal ssh with root login?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
yes with nano in config file i have connented PermitRootlogin no
now i have to change the config file in the vps
Thanks given by: