This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Issues installing Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04
Issues installing Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04
Hi guys/gals

So like I am having an issue installing Sentora on my VPS hosted by Crissic Solutions, LLC. I had used my server as a web server previously to installing a clean minimal 14.04, so I know my domains were working and propagated.

So now during the install when I get to the FQDN and I place it in and hit enter it comes up with this error:
/dev/fd/63: line 97: host: command not found
The subdomain sub.domain.com have no IP assigned in DNS
You must add a A record in the DNS manager for this subdomain and then wait until propagation is
done

Could someone please help me with this error as it is frustrating me?

Thanks in advance...
Thanks given by:
RE: Issues installing Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04
Which install script are you using?
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
(09-16-2014, 02:29 PM)Nigel Wrote: Which install script are you using?

The bash one from here: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=22

bash <(curl -LSs https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sentor..._ubuntu.sh)
Thanks given by:
For a start, and I can't stress this enough, Sentora hasn't been released yet.

Secondly, check the install Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04 thread.
***Retail***
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
(09-16-2014, 03:57 PM)Nigel Wrote: For a start, and I can't stress this enough, Sentora hasn't been released yet.

Secondly, check the install Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04 thread.

I was under the impression that it has been released for install? You seem to be running it on your server?

Where is this thread located as I can't seem to find it in search?
Thanks given by:
No we're still in the process of squashing bugs.

I run it because I'm part of the staff and testing team. My installs were done manually.

I had ZPanel installed and did a manual copy over of all the new Sentora files.
***Retail***
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
(09-16-2014, 04:32 PM)Nigel Wrote: No we're still in the process of squashing bugs.

I run it because I'm part of the staff and testing team. My installs were done manually.

I had ZPanel installed and did a manual copy over of all the new Sentora files.

Understood, do I have the option to install it manually or will I have to wait?

We are a South African Telecoms company and we're wanting an Open Source host solution to test, build upon and integrate to our existing back end.

Is it worth just testing ZPanel in the mean while as we've read quite a bit about there being security flaws?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(09-16-2014, 04:37 PM)Protoscribe Wrote: Understood, do I have the option to install it manually or will I have to wait?

We are a South African Telecoms company and we're wanting an Open Source host solution to test, build upon and integrate to our existing back end.
A manual install is perfectly acceptable, it also helps us in finding bugs for things that we can't think of when we test. i.e. everyone runs their panel differently.

However, you'll only receive limited support (from staff) until an official release is made.

(09-16-2014, 04:37 PM)Protoscribe Wrote: Is it worth just testing ZPanel in the mean while as we've read quite a bit about there being security flaws?

Thanks

Most of the security flaws were squashed when we released ZP 10.1.1, any further flaws have been from third party apps i.e. webmail.

If you're going to do a manual install please remember to make backups of everything.

You'll need to not copy over the /cnf/db.php file as this will kill your install.

You'll also need to run this /etc/zpanel/panel/etc/build/config_packs/ubuntu_12_04/sentora-update/1-0-0/sql/update.sql file to catch any database changes.

Cheers.
***Retail***
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
Hi,

The install of sentora 1.0.0 works with this installer, it have been tested, but it REQUIRE you have setup the DNS for the domain you will use for the panel BEFORE running install (it is wrote everywhere)

Is it really installed ?

You reported that the script delivers "host command not found" this is very strange as it is setup in standard in default Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS distribution.  Are you using this distrib ?

If it is missng do this manually :

Code:
# apt-get update
# apt-get install dnsutils

i will see to check it and install it manually if you confirm it is missing.
Please, can you tell who is the hoster of your server ? (i'll try to do a list of particularities) ?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(09-16-2014, 10:37 PM)5050 Wrote: Hi,

The install of sentora 1.0.0 works with this installer, it have been tested, but it REQUIRE you have setup the DNS for the domain you will use for the panel BEFORE running install (it is wrote everywhere)

Is it really installed ?

You reported that the script delivers "host command not found" this is very strange as it is setup in standard in default Ubuntu server 14.04 LTS distribution.  Are you using this distrib ?

If it is missng do this manually :

Code:
# apt-get update
# apt-get install dnsutils

i will see to check it and install it manually if you confirm it is missing.
Please, can you tell who is the hoster of your server ? (i'll try to do a list of particularities) ?

Thanks.

Hi mate,

Thank you for the swift reply as my team and I really want to use this and see what can come from it. I am using Crissic Solutions LLC to test it and yes I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Minimal 64 Bit version.

I will try reinstall again with the dns utilities installed

Thanks again
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel