This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DKIM Key in TXT field gets cut.
DKIM Key in TXT field gets cut.
Hello,

Is it possible to extent the amount of characters available for a  DNS field?
I would like to use a 2048 bit dkim key, but it gets cut, when I want to save.
Can I put it manually in /etc/sentora/configs/bind/zones/domain.txt?
Thx in advance.

With regards
Thanks given by:
RE: DKIM Key in TXT field gets cut.
This is most likely caused by the character limit on the text entry box so you should be fine with a 1024 bit encryption but to exceed the current character limit would require the variable type changing which could have wider reaching ramifications so would need checking to make sure that the new variable type is accepted by all of the other actions that hinge on the content of these fields. Might be worth manually entering the data for now
Thanks given by:
RE: DKIM Key in TXT field gets cut.
It's limited in database. Target can have only 255 characters. If you need more, change max length of varchar for dc_target_vc in sentora_core.
Thanks given by: