This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Manager - Can't create records with LAN IPs
DNS Manager - Can't create records with LAN IPs
Hi,

Apologies if this has come up before but I could not find anything on this through searching. There seems to be a bug with the DNS Manager in that it does not accept LAN IPs (eg. Class A address like 10.x.x.x or class C like 192.168.x.x).

We setup a server in house for testing / dev purposes.

After creating the default DNS records, which created the usual @, mail, ns1 and ns2 records with the Public IPs, if we attempted to change the existing records or create new records with LAN IPs, Sentora comes back with :-

ERROR DNS NOT SAVED

IP Address is not a valid IPV4 address.

Even if we tried with the example provided by Sentora (192.168.1.1) shown on the DNS Manager page :-

The A record contains an IPv4 address. Its target is an IPv4 address, e.g. '192.168.1.1'.

it still comes back with the same error that it is not a valid IPV4 address.

As this is an internal only server, we want it to recognise / resolve to local IP addresses.

Is there a trick to this or is this a bug ?

Thanks.

CK
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS Manager - Can't create records with LAN IPs
5050 internal ip filter?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-16-2016, 08:07 PM)Me.B Wrote: @[5050] internal ip filter?

M B

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Forgive me for asking a noob question but how do I check / change the internal IP filter ?

A bit more background - this is a brand new installation with Centos 7 minimal, yum updated then installed Sentora on it via instructions from Sentora website. Immediately after the install and reboot, we created a new test domain via zadmin. We then created the basic DNS entries via DNS Manager. After that we tried to add the LAN IPs as described and encountered the issue.

If there is an internal IP filter at play, could you please point me to where I may find / change / disable it ?

Thanks.

CK
Thanks given by:
Hi,

I think it is an herited "over secured" test on the IP, because Sentora was not intended to be setup on local network.

You can do a search in file panel/modules/dns_manager/code/controler.ext.php for FILTER_FLAG_NO_PRIV_RANGE and remove this option (and the "or" character "|" before or after) from the parameters of filter_var().
There are 3 instances of it in the file, in functions IsValidIP(), IsValidIPv4() and IsValidIPv6() to be changed according to what you need.

There are also 3 instances of same functions (!!!) in file panel/dryden/sys/monitoring.class.php. I have the feeling that all modules would have to use them, but that they do not. BTW, I hate the form of this library, using functions all static into classes ... only to enable automatic loading, without any OOP requirements.
Thanks given by:
I think I will leave this EXTRA rule as an option, you can enable if you want thru DNS admin.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS Manager Error? rafaht 10 36 ,774 02-23-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: CMs222
DNS Manager Config + Nameserver Issue [Godaddy] Good One 21 72 ,451 06-02-2017, 02:37 AM
Last Post: TGates
SRV Records? Surf3rDud3 1 5 ,258 12-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Surf3rDud3