This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Using registirars dns and hosting?
Using registirars dns and hosting?
Hey,
im using dnsimple.com for dns records.And i have 1 ip for my server. My nameservers are ns1.dnsimple.com ns2 ns3 and ns4.
If i want to host sites except my own serverdomain.tld. Should i add more ip for slave servers?
And http://docs.sentora.org/?node=52 here says you can disable dns server. If i just stop bind it will okay?
Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: Using registirars dns and hosting?
okay i found my answer if i have to host sites and give them ns1.mydomain.tld ns2.mydomain.tld i have to start bind and use my own dns server(or use dnsimple for mydomain.tld and activate bind for ns1&ns2). Now i stop the bind and enjoy free memory lol
Thanks given by:
RE: Using registirars dns and hosting?
(01-24-2016, 01:06 AM)fahri Wrote: okay i found my answer if i have to host sites and give them ns1.mydomain.tld ns2.mydomain.tld i have to start bind and use my own dns server(or use dnsimple for mydomain.tld and activate bind for ns1&ns2). Now i stop the bind and enjoy free memory lol

I have the same problem. How do I bind? Please explain a bit more in details, I will be obliged.
Thanks given by: