This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

My head hurts....
My head hurts....
Okay, on two of my domains, I have DNS errors. I have no idea why they're there or what they mean, but they're causing issues with ZOD and NADIA (Cloudflare) DNS servers as well as my mail servers. Please help! Thank you in advanced if you do. 

I have attached the errors below:

Wolfboytech.tk Error Log:
Your DNS zone has been loaded, but with errors. Some features may not work until corrected.

Please note that changes to your zone records can take up to 24 hours before they become 'live'.

Output of DNS zone checker:
:15: TTL set to prior TTL (172800) :16: TTL set to prior TTL (172800) zone wolfboytech.tk/IN: loaded serial 2016011131 OK

Infinityproject.tk Error Log:
Your DNS zone has been loaded, but with errors. Some features may not work until corrected.

Please note that changes to your zone records can take up to 24 hours before they become 'live'.

Output of DNS zone checker:
:15: TTL set to prior TTL (172800) :16: TTL set to prior TTL (172800) zone infinityproject.tk/IN: loaded serial 2016011131 OK
Thanks given by:
RE: My head hurts....
Check logs for more infos or post the zones here.

Also if you use cloudflare why you are using sentora dns?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: jstacklin
(01-11-2016, 11:04 PM)Me.B Wrote: Check logs for more infos or post the zones here.

Also if you use cloudflare why you are using sentora dns?

M B

No link, mate. I just go through and double the DNS settings because Freenom sucks at routing. Is this bad practice?
Thanks given by:
Why double the DNS? If you use cloudflare you can ONLY use them as authorative DNS. Sentora DNS will never have any impact.

M B
How to ask

(01-11-2016, 11:45 PM)Me.B Wrote: Why double the DNS? If you use cloudflare you can ONLY use them as authorative DNS. Sentora DNS will never have any impact.

M B

Thanks, MB for the reply! So should I disable Sentora DNS? If so how? Also, if not, what should I do? I have my DNS broken across three separate companies (for each service): 

Yandex: Mail
CloudFlare: SSL
Freenom: Hosting
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2016, 11:38 PM)jstacklin Wrote: Thanks, MB for the reply! So should I disable Sentora DNS? If so how? Also, if not, what should I do? I have my DNS broken across three separate companies (for each service): 

Yandex: Mail
CloudFlare: SSL
Freenom: Hosting

Pick one and setup your DNS there.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
use cloudflare that will be fine.

M B
How to ask

(01-13-2016, 03:58 AM)Me.B Wrote: use cloudflare that will be fine.

M B

But what about my emails? Can I add all of the records through CloudFlare? I know this isn't the right place to ask this, but as I've told you two before... I'm very green at this. It's sad that if you wanted me to design a network and deploy it I could, but I can't deploy one server without asking for help. I am so so sorry for putting you two through all this trouble. I really do thank you from the bottom of my cold, dying heart.
Thanks given by:
What's the issue use cloudflare and point MX when ever you want! Cloudflare only offer DNS/Waf service that's all.

You can then host your email with any server as long you point the MX correctly same as you can do with sentora or your registrar. Don't get confused over that.
How to ask

Confused

Just set up your main panel domain using these settings with your domain registrar's DNS: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95

After doing this, you will be using Sentora DNS for all add-on domains, just point them to ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.your domain.com and add them in Sentora using Domain module and DNS Manager module defaults.

After that everything will be running off Sentora, including mail.

Simple.

Once you understand what is going on there and have your DNS up and running, you can then change things around to cloudflare or whatever else you decide, or just leave it as is.

This will at least get you started.

Then read up on this doc to further setup and understand what is going on: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=53
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information