This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS started but not listening
DNS started but not listening
Hi all,
I'm having a problem with DNS/Bind9. I just installed Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04. Everything was working fine except for the DNS. I have not even touched the config file since I didn't see anything wrong with it(listening only on local, etc). I have ufw installed with port 53 forwarded(TCP & UDP) and no external firewall from my VPS provider. I have used named-checkconf with no errors listed. In fact, it is not even starting with service bind9 start. No errors are listed but named/bin9 is not listed in htop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS started but not listening
disable firewall and check again.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: DNS started but not listening
(12-18-2015, 12:24 AM)Me.B Wrote: disable firewall and check again.

I have tried without success. However, I did notice that the bind9 init.d script is empty. Is this normal or can I get the script from somewhere?
Thanks given by: