This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Nameserver/Wget issue
Nameserver/Wget issue
Hello friends!

I have a VPS at OVH, the Classic VPS (OpenVZ if that matters), I install Sentora on the "subdomain" (not really a subdomain) of OVH that they assign to each server. An example of this domain would be vps00000.vps.ovh.ca
 and it installs fine... I noticed after I transferred some of my domains from NameCheap, via A records, that the sites are reachable. However, after a few days I was unable to do a simple wget, or ping. I believe this is a DNS issue but I have very little knowledge on changing the DNS on Linux operating systems... I have reinstalled my CentOS 6 32bit OS and will attempt to redo everything as I did many times before. I do not remember having this issue with zPanel.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Thanks given by:
RE: Nameserver/Wget issue
I should also add that when attempting to install Sentora after a fresh installation it tells me BIND is already installed. Could this be the issue?
Thanks given by:
You MUST remove bind BEFORE installing Sentora.

OVH doe snot have a clean CentOS/Ubuntu install they are pre-packaged with a couple of apps.

- Reset your VPS to a Fresh Install
- Remove Bind: apt-get remove bind (on Ubuntu, change for CentOS accordingly)
- Install Sentora

I'm also using OVH (Ubuntu 14) and I do not have any issues with DNS or wget.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
To be safe just run this before you run the installer...
It will remove all services that i could find that may be installed and could interfere with Sentora.

Code:
yum remove -y httpd httpd-devel php php-devel php-gd php-mbstring php-intl php-mysql php-xml php-xmlrpc php-mcrypt php-imap php-pear php-mysql php-cli php-common php5-dev myself mysql dovecot-mysql MariaDB MariaDB-common MariaDB-compat MariaDB-server phpMyAdmin postfix dovecot dovecot-mysql dovecot-pigeonhole  sendmail ProFTPd proftpd proftpd-mysql vsftpd named bind bind-utils bind-libs bind9 pdns pdns-backend-mysql pdns-server pdns-server-backend-mysql webalizer crontabs

then:

Code:
yum clean all

then:

Code:
yum install -y curl

Then run installer.
(CentOS 6 only that i know off)

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS MX record issue rsthomas 5 4 ,902 10-19-2022, 05:39 AM
Last Post: fearworks
managed-key permission issue Juan Pablo 15 33 ,844 04-10-2019, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Juan Pablo
Issue accessing/pinging 2nd installed domain Fudnut 9 21 ,762 03-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Last Post: fearworks