This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

/var/sentora/sessions/ directory filling up with a 15 new files per minute rate
RE: /var/sentora/sessions/ directory filling up with a 15 new files per minute rate
I did. The cron path is wrong for Ubuntu. Instead of saving sessions in /var/lib/php5 which is the default, they are saved in /var/sentora/sessions which is the Sentora default. Ubuntu 14.04 uses a cron job for purging older sessions instead of letting apache/php handle it. This is default behavior for web servers on Ubuntu according to my research. File and folder permissions were not changed during this process. They are the defaults Sentora setup during install.
Ever since the path fix in the cron file, my sessions have been being cleared properly.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: warmax356
RE: /var/sentora/sessions/ directory filling up with a 15 new files per minute rate
Ok good should get a fix in the installer.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the quick fix TGates! Problem solved Smile
Thanks given by:
Well, it took me a while to track down what was actually happening. My server had caused (email was no longer being sent out) and I couldn't figure out why. I had done recovery from a backup on digitalocean and the problem was resolved for several weeks until it reappeared. And then it started happening more frequently. I eventually figured out it was that my inode was being 100% used on my main partition.
I was able to figure out which folder was the issue from the solution "Sam C" posted on here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3476...being-used

my Sentora sessions folder had 3.4 MILLION files! So after searching inode and sentora, I found this page. I'm running Ubuntu, and it seems like this is my issue as well. So this is an issue with Sentora's default settings. I should make the change Tgates recommends on the first page of this forum post?
Thanks given by:
(07-18-2018, 04:43 PM)americanninja Wrote: I should make the change Tgates recommends on the first page of this forum post?

Yes! Angel Big Grin
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(07-27-2018, 02:40 PM)TGates Wrote: Yes! Angel Big Grin

yep! Thanks! Did it and things are finally back to normal. No more down server and frantically trying to get email back up and running. Thanks!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,880 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,099 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,488 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel