This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Intermittent connection
Intermittent connection
Hi All.

Ive installed centos 7, with Sentora at home. I have FTTC which is 80mbps down and 20 up (upto)

SO I have installed VMplayer, got Sentora live on it and got eveything runnin gwith my domains and name servers etc. Now an issue I am having is when I am browsing my website after every 5 or so minutes it takes a while to respond about 20 seconds of wait until it loads up my sites again. This is on all the domains hosted on Sentora.

I have tried other panels and this doesn't happen on them - I like sentora and wish to stick with it.

So what could be the problem? It's not the internet as when testing other panels it doesn't do this, only with sentora.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

My internet setup:

FTTC modem > Router > Powerline adapter to my room > Router bridged > PC

PC specs:

500GB SSD
12GB Ram,
Asus P6t deluxe motherboard
Overclocked 17-920 4GHZ
crap graphics card
cooled very nicely Smile

Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: Intermittent connection
My domain is technical.network
my other domain is mibrahim.co.uk (please don't touch the wordpress setup utility Smile )
Thanks given by:
Hello technicalnetwork,
Sadly Home connections (even FTTC) are not really suitable for VPS hosting.
You say other panels do not have this issue, however there are a lot of variables that can be causing your issue.
I do not believe it is Sentora fault, in the worst case it is related to some configuration of apache/mysql/php, but Sentora configs are pretty much standard and should not cause those issues.
Also, VMplayer is probably not the best for this, but should not cause issues.

Anyways, and back to troubleshooting your issue...
- Are you monitoring memory, disk and cpu usage? What are the usage when it "hangs up"? (if you are not monitoring, you should).
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: technicalnetwork
Please check my attached image.
Your initial connection is VERY slow.
Running the same test again did not provided same slow results, its a irregular issue.

Your DNS resolve is probably the issue.
Try using another DNS server (cloudflare for example).
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/dMwfPU/t...al.network

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: technicalnetwork
In terms of DNS server, I have created a "host name" in GO daddy pointing towards my own ip x 2 (same public ip for ns1 and ns2)

that's it to be honest.

I thought that this is what Ih ave to do in order to use the sentora built in dns records?

I don't quite understand dns properly :L
Thanks given by: apinto
Home connection is not already reliable, don't add up and setup your DNS server on such connection.

Instead use cloudflare or your own registrar DNS and only point it to ip.

If you have bad ping, users will be already slowed down by DNS query then request. That would be a big problem.

Try first moving dns outside.

running centos 7 on dedicated and VPS but in a datacenter and never got such issues that are linked to your connectivity.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Try to use CloudFlare or even GoDaddy dns (if you do not want extra trouble).
Check if that reduces the load time.

However, like I and Me.B said, Home connections are not suitable for hosting, let aside DNS...

Smile
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
That's good advice and will see how it goes. I may get some fast business lines in if I feel it's time to upgrade.

I wish to basically start a small hosting business from home you see.

What I will do is I will use my registars dns service to point towards my IP, only issue is with getting other users on to it.

I wanted it easy for them so all they had to do was point to ns1.terchnical.network and ns2, rather than manually pointing all the records to my public IP.

Would that be the case?
Thanks given by:
It's cheaper to rent a VPS rather than managing the mess of having that @home with unreliable lines >>>> thus loosing customers.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I run my server at home on Comcast and have no such issues for several years now. It has to either be his ISP or a configuration issue. Sentora/ZPanel was made to run on home servers originally. I also use Godaddy for my personal domains and again, have no such issues. I am not sure why you keep trying to point him to get a datacenter VPS as this is not the issue. As apinto had mentioned, he needs to monitor the server for a few days to see exactly where the problem is. Could be bad website code, an attack, an error when the daemon runs (hence the issue every 5 minutes).
Are you using the backup module? Disable it completely and test again.

Wordpress install loads fine for me, technical.network loads very slow. Could be database issue?

I have one site on my server that uses the DB and is very slow, the rest that use the DB are very fast. The site that is slow with the DB I know is older code and inefficient.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: