This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Could add * to A record?
Could add * to A record?
Hello,
I know sentora can't automatic create subdomain A RR when I create sundomain.
But if add "* IN A IPAddress" to domain record.
It's will resolve any subdomain address.
Thanks given by:
RE: Could add * to A record?
At first I do not understand why my domain is not working subdomain , and then saw that there was no type A records for the subdomain .
It would be nice to make a correction to automatically create an A record for subdomains.
Sorry for my English
Thanks given by:
(05-31-2015, 07:49 PM)Yarpi Wrote: At first I do not understand why my domain is not working subdomain , and then saw that there was no type A records for the subdomain .
It would be nice to make a correction to automatically create an A record for subdomains.
Sorry for my English

(eng)
Subdomain may be located on another web server another IP address ...

For example, My main domain is located on the free hosting. My subdomain of music and video content located on a different server with a different IP and with a large amount of disk space.
Therefore, IP address for the subdomain is logical to enter manually.

(rus)
Поддомен может располагаться на другом web сервере с другим IP адресом...
Например у меня основной домен расположен на обычном бесплатном хостинге, а поддомен с музыкой и видео контентом располагается на другом сервере с другим IP и с большим объемом дискового пространства.
Поэтому IP адрес для поддомена логично вводить в ручную.
Thanks given by: TGates
(06-02-2015, 04:52 AM)MarkDark Wrote: (eng)

For example, My main domain is located on the free hosting. My subdomain of music and video content located on a different server with a different IP and with a large amount of disk space.

I do agree with this, however in most cases the subdomains go to the main domain server.
Also, the panel is supposed to be used by users with low technical knowledge, and DNS even simple stuff is complex.

Another option could be a checkbox [x] Add CNAME DNS Entry Automatically
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: Yarpi
(06-02-2015, 04:52 AM)MarkDark Wrote:
(05-31-2015, 07:49 PM)Yarpi Wrote: At first I do not understand why my domain is not working subdomain , and then saw that there was no type A records for the subdomain .
Sorry for my English

(eng)

(rus)
Поддомен может располагаться на другом web сервере с другим IP адресом...
Например у меня основной домен расположен на обычном бесплатном хостинге, а поддомен с музыкой и видео контентом располагается на другом сервере с другим IP и с большим объемом дискового пространства.
Поэтому IP адрес для поддомена логично вводить в ручную.

Согласен, только вот таких людей у который два сервера и есть необходимость на поддомене поставить ip другого сервера всего 5-10% и чаще всего это люди которые хотя бы секут немного в администрирование, а те которые не чего в этом не понимают оно им не нужно и они в это не хотят даже вникать, они просто хотят поднять свой сайт. Как по мне стоит просто сделать авто создание записей типа А а если так хочется поддомен на другом сервер тогда днс менеджер в помощь.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS MX record issue rsthomas 5 4 ,891 10-19-2022, 05:39 AM
Last Post: fearworks
Record DNS elsevi 10 27 ,508 09-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: TGates
Update SOA Record ccodesido 2 7 ,449 06-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Last Post: ccodesido