This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Auto-delete backups?
Auto-delete backups?
Hey all,

I have been having issues recently where my server will hit 100% disk space and sites stop working and what not. 

it will not delete the previous backups. I then have to ssh into it and delete the backups. Is this a new issue or is there a setting I can change to delete these? Alternatively, is there a script/cron job that any one has to delete all except for today and yesterday's backups? 

I copy them off the server to AWS S3 daily although the time doesn't always line up so I'd like to keep the current day+1 just to be safe.
Thanks given by:
RE: Auto-delete backups?
(10-10-2018, 01:30 AM)dsmarter Wrote: Hey all,

I have been having issues recently where my server will hit 100% disk space and sites stop working and what not. 

it will not delete the previous backups. I then have to ssh into it and delete the backups. Is this a new issue or is there a setting I can change to delete these? Alternatively, is there a script/cron job that any one has to delete all except for today and yesterday's backups? 

I copy them off the server to AWS S3 daily although the time doesn't always line up so I'd like to keep the current day+1 just to be safe.

Have you tried changing the settings in ADMIN > MODULE ADMIN > BACKUP CONFIG?

There are four values that you can set:

Daily Backups
Disk Backups
Purge Backups
Purge Date

I assume that Daily Backups is set to True?

What value is Purge Backups set to? It needs to be set to True, otherwise auto-delete will not happen.

Also, you should be able to control how long backups are kept for by changing Purge Date. So in your case, have you tried changing Purge Date to 1 or 2 to see if backups older than a couple of days are automatically deleted?

Keith.
Thanks given by: dsmarter
RE: Auto-delete backups?
(10-10-2018, 02:06 PM)fearworks Wrote: Have you tried changing the settings in ADMIN > MODULE ADMIN > BACKUP CONFIG?

There are four values that you can set:

Daily Backups
Disk Backups
Purge Backups
Purge Date

I assume that Daily Backups is set to True?

What value is Purge Backups set to? It needs to be set to True, otherwise auto-delete will not happen.

Also, you should be able to control how long backups are kept for by changing Purge Date. So in your case, have you tried changing Purge Date to 1 or 2 to see if backups older than a couple of days are automatically deleted?

Keith.

Thanks so much, I had it set to 14 days. This was fine back when there was less data on the server, now that fills up fast!

[Image: 8qAk8t9]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
no longer available please delete ccr1969 0 1 ,834 02-23-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ccr1969
Number of backups kept frasina92 1 3 ,571 09-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
MySQL server (mariadb) auto shutdown without overload 7rdoq 1 4 ,910 09-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Last Post: wormsunited