This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cannot reuse previously deleted email address
RE: Cannot reuse previously deleted email address
(12-20-2018, 12:13 PM)fearworks Wrote: Yes that makes sense, particularly in a free hosting environment.

But I didn't think we were talking about being to reuse an address multiple times - just simply changing the system so that if an admin or reseller creates a client, the code only checks against accounts that are still active and haven't been deleted, to determine if the account can be created or not. At the moment, it checks if there was ever an account with that email address, whereas I think it would work better - certainly for me, and apparently for the OP - if it checks against only non-deleted accounts. Then, of course, if you create the fresh account, and someone later tries to use the same address, this would be forbidden as there would be an active account using that address.

Keith.

Now that is a good concept. Zadmin, at least, should be able to override it. I don't think that would be too hard to do.
But I'm not sure if there would be a trickle down affect.
Have it popup a warning saying it has already been used for a verification of reuse.
For testing, I would just add a simple:

Code:
if user=zadmin then skip the check

and see what happens.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot reuse previously deleted email address - by TGates - 12-20-2018, 11:12 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,752 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,132 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
SMTP Error every time i try to send an email wormsunited 7 18 ,843 12-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Last Post: TGates