This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

confused to make an decision please help
RE: confused to make an decision please help
Hi nscloud.

For your webmail access i advise you to make a php file to redirect the link domain.com/webmail to the domain.com/etc/apps/webmail. In this case your clients are able to login into webmail using the so called "normal" access.

Here is a code sample:

PHP Code:
<?php
header
('Location: http://domain.com/etc/apps/webmail/');
exit();
?>

As for your cms clients using wordpress, they have to keep it pretty much updated (or you) with the latest updates and releases from the Wordpress. (note: this is the reason why i never use wordpress, you can make the same platform and functions without it and even more safe too).

As for the PHP version, it is not correct that you will need version 7.2 installed in your servers, although, you can have it. There are some posts here that works under php version 7 i have installed them myself and its up and working too. The minimum requirements of WP works just fine with version 5.

For https you can install those certificates as you wish, Sentora will allow you to do it, and of course you need a few knowledge in the language, but even so, you can find several posts regarding that in this forum that i am sure its going to help you a lot.

SSH for clients with shared hosting is simply nuts. If you rent servers, thats one thing, but if you are doing shared hosting and allow the client to access to your server with SSH let me stop you right there... A bad move may destroy your contents, i do not advise you to have it set like that at all.

Notes:

Sentora is not cPanel and you cannot compare cPanel to Sentora, this is an alternative control panel, you can use and have many features on it, like cPanel, but i do not advise you to make such comparisons simply because they work in a different way/form.

You should use Sentora to host clients, yes, but you have to manage the accounts yourself. As of cost effective, indeed Sentora as far as i can see, beats all the competition for GPL or Free Web Hosting Administration Control Panels. I have tried them all. To be honest, Sentora is the best and simple to use and understand, if you know the core language and how to setup Sentora, you can develop your own codes on it and modules, there are also several examples on this forum too, or just take some module and edit with your desired functions.

Now, with this said, you may wonder "Oh but i am going to have a lot of work on this right?" Yes you will! Period. You need to lose time on your setup and adapt it for your clients in order to make it work. I know its a pain, i have been there, but once you get it, you are able to make Sentora very powerful for your clients and let me add you this, its 4x more faster then cPanel too.

I hope this can help you or guide you in your options, but yeah, you need to spend time and work to make it happen. My best regards bro.
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: confused to make an decision please help - by wormsunited - 09-14-2018, 09:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Make a change in httpd-vhost.conf whitewolf101 2 6 ,760 11-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: Me.B
How to make Sentora added domains use one name server in registrants zpusr 15 39 ,472 07-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Last Post: abi.atthas151
How to make a cronjob execute URL? laurencesch 3 10 ,088 03-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Ron-e