This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Can I make hosting?
Can I make hosting?
Hello. First sorry my bad english please. Second I have question - can I make my hosting with sentora panel ? Paid hosting ? With clients, tariffs, billing and other goods ? Thank you for help.
Thanks given by:
RE: Can I make hosting?
Yes.

For billing you need plugins or extra modules.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Fine ! But now I have new questions
1) You have processes number limit ? I am not want that stupid clients or competitors kill server.
2) About billing. Who develope billing? Billing integrate in Sentora or separate project ? Can billing control many servers or only one ? What payment systems support billing ? Can I use my billing (separate project) ?
Thanks given by:
1. No.

2. Check for Xbilling module. It's Mod Pluz a developer who built it.

You can always plug your own module.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
But if you not have any limits (process number limit/cpu limit/ram limit), any aggressive user (big traffic) or enemy hosting can make down my hosting ? I am wrong ?
Thanks given by:
We have bandwidth limit but no cpu limit.

Enemy hosting taking down your hosting??? You mean DDOS? For DDOS the best protection is in your VPS/server provider.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Not only DDOS. May be big traffic in one client site (account), example 10 000 people/day (500 people/hour). May be my server (32 gb ram, 4 *3,4) can keep one such website (account), but I think it can not keep 10 or 20 such websites (accounts) ?
Thanks given by:
Load depend on type of website... some time if code is not optimized like non indexed sql requests, it could be a mess with less than that. WP load double or even go exponential with some very bad plugins.

We can limit BW mainly and this will cap users abuse.

So my reply, it really depend on websites you have and how much CPU/ram they really use.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Now I have dedicated server, CentOS, I use this server for my websites. I make good and optimized websites, they eat low load. But paid webhosting it is not my server and it is not my websites, it is clients websites. And I can not speak with every client about optimization and wordpress plugins.
About BW limit - assume we have 10 clients, every client have 10 websites, every website have 500 people/day. Every client have monthly bw limit - 10 gb (20 gb, 100 gb). My server load - 50 000 people/day minimum ( i am not speak about other clients). In this day monthly bw limit not end, but my server can be down (overload). Second - in all my old hostings I have unlimited BW. And I am not want make paid hosting with limited BW.
You have not other options for limiting ?
Thanks given by:
Sorry sir,

You do the math & load testing out of my support scope here.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentastico - mach-hosting seems to be down newbiesa 1 4 ,304 07-31-2019, 08:58 AM
Last Post: TGates
confused to make an decision please help nscloud 4 8 ,388 09-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: wormsunited
Using sentora for free hosting varnabydotcom 2 6 ,049 11-29-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: TGates