This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Folder Permissions
RE: Folder Permissions
You should not do that. Why you don't move /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail to the new subdomain root and then setup a .htaccess that do the redirect?

That's cleaner and safer than those hacks that we will may be block in feature releases.

PS: I do .htaccess redirection on my own setup, but you should take care to update webmail client.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: tkramer
(03-20-2015, 07:25 AM)Me.B Wrote: You should not do that. Why you don't move /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail to the new subdomain root and then setup a .htaccess that do the redirect?

That's cleaner and safer than those hacks that we will may be block in feature releases.

PS: I do .htaccess redirection on my own setup, but you should take care to update webmail client.

M B

Change original folder?? This is the best solution?
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2015, 06:49 AM)tkramer Wrote: Change original folder?? This is the best solution?

Yep for me look a good solution. And we might offer that in next installer move /etc/apps in sentora another vhost with more strict permissions. I don't like having a virtual user/host having access to /etc/apps/webmail wich is a sensitive area. While moving the files will protect the panel if there is any issues.

M B
Thanks given by: tkramer
(03-21-2015, 07:02 AM)Me.B Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 06:49 AM)tkramer Wrote: Change original folder?? This is the best solution?

Yep for me look a good solution. And we might offer that in next installer move /etc/apps in sentora another vhost with more strict permissions. I don't like having a virtual user/host having access to /etc/apps/webmail wich is a sensitive area. While moving the files will protect the panel if there is any issues.

M B
OK! I Agree with your arguments and thank you for the help !!
I managed to solve the problem! But not redirected webmail folder yet! lol

I deleted the custom entry overrride and marked the OpenBase Enabled option again!

After that, I added these statements in my .htaccess

# Webmail Redirect
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/~account/ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^webmail.cavalcante.eti.br
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ Http://mail.cavalcante.eti.br/etc/apps/webmail/$1 [R, L]

Who interest, replace with your domain and subdomain!
Works well!

OBS .: Notice that I used the default URL sentora for webmail. So did not need to change any permission!
My users can access by: webmail.cavalcante.eti.br normally!

Another tip, in: /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/config/

you can configure the roundcube to accept login without being asked for the email domain, considering the domain of the URL!

To do this, change the options in the file "defaults.inc.php":

$ Config ['username_domain'] = '%d';
and
$ Config ['username_domain_forced'] = true;
and
$ Config ['mail_domain'] = '%d';

Again, thank you for this charming software!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wordpress "Temp Folder Missing" Issue NickNeverSleeps 5 12 ,428 12-13-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: ngeluis@gmail.com
move phpmyadmin folder CMs222 2 7 ,168 02-27-2018, 01:58 AM
Last Post: CMs222
Change client's data folder problem dimnas 1 5 ,274 02-14-2018, 03:49 AM
Last Post: TGates