This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ddclient and sentora
ddclient and sentora
I would love to see if its possible to add a ddclient intrigation with Sentora. I have use zpanel for over 1 year now and i really miss this. Now i have to add it manuell in ddclient config file.
I use Zpanel for "private" use on my own server. Im running all my websites on it but i have 5 IP that change so my ip -> www name have to change to.. Smile

Im going to let my member on my website get an account on my server. When they add a domain or sub-domain it would be great if it adds automatic to ddclient config.

Sorry for my english... Hope you understand what i want or request. Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: ddclient and sentora
Why using DD client?

By default zpanel/sentora will bind the hostname to all ip available.

Best solution if you want to run it at home is setup zpanel on 192.168.xx.x Ip's & point DNS on a dynDNS cname. Setup a VM with nginx/varnish that will route all request to the correct server. This is how I will do it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Well, this may be even easier:
Install autoip module, this will update your IP on the ZPanel server if it changes. (Not sure how it works for multiple IPs though-I think it only updates IPs that get changed by using a find/replace type of edit in the DB)
Next, use a service like no-ip.org or dynDNS to update the domain's external IP to match the server IP.

Although Me.B may have abetter idea Wink

LOL posted same time as MeB
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
I use Google Translate. So maybe I can explain myself a little better.
I use ddclient to update the domain of the server. I use CloudFlare and my webhost allows updating of the domain with ddclient.
In my supplier, we get five IP numbers which shifts a few times per month.
Thanks given by:
Ok, so what you need is something to update the IPs inside the panel's DNS?

That's what the auto-ip module does Wink

on the command line:
Code:
zppy repo add rustus.txt-clan.com
zppy update
zppy install autoip
Then go into module admin and make sure it is activated for Administrator group.
Next, go into the module and check the settings.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Mach-hosting Sentora ZPPY repo information TGates 2 5 ,882 03-30-2022, 09:19 AM
Last Post: TGates
Bizarrus' Sentora-LetsEncrypt: does not end in a IANA suffix grozanc 0 2 ,627 09-25-2019, 04:50 AM
Last Post: grozanc
Sabre for Sentora Nigel 7 15 ,301 03-27-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Nigel