This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

how to install sentora or zpanel in Amazon AWS
RE: how to install sentora or zpanel in Amazon AWS
(01-08-2015, 10:21 PM)Me.B Wrote: You should use a BARE CLEAN OS image with minimal install.

You are almost sure that install will fail as you have already php.

Zpanel will support only bare ubuntu 12.04 or centos 6.5 and won't work if you go beyond that.

Notice you already have docker, why you need that? Same ruby & postgreSQL are not supported.

M B
but in the tutorial they have said like this,below is the link
tutorial :http://howtolearn.me/host-multiple-wordp...tu-zpanel/
this are the available instances which should work ?
Amazon Linux AMI 2014.09.1 (HVM) - ami-b5a7ea85
The Amazon Linux AMI is an EBS backed image. It includes the 3.14 kernel, Ruby 2.1, PHP 5.5, PostgreSQL 9.3, Docker 1.2, the AWS command line tools, and repository access to many other packages.
Root device type: ebs Virtualization type: hvm
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 (HVM), SSD Volume Type - ami-99bef1a9
Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 7.0 (HVM), EBS General Purpose (SSD) Volume Type
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (HVM), SSD Volume Type - ami-d7450be7
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (HVM), EBS General Purpose (SSD) Volume Type. Public Cloud, Advanced Systems Management, Web and Scripting, and Legacy modules enabled.
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS (HVM), SSD Volume Type - ami-3d50120d
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS (HVM), EBS General Purpose (SSD) Volume Type. Support available from Canonical (http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/services).
Amazon Linux AMI 2014.09.1 (PV) - ami-55a7ea65
The Amazon Linux AMI is an EBS backed image. It includes the 3.14 kernel, Ruby 2.1, PHP 5.5, PostgreSQL 9.3, Docker 1.2, the AWS command line tools, and repository access to many other packages.
Root device type: ebs Virtualization type: paravirtual
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 (PV) - ami-7df0bd4d (64-bit) / ami-8f2d61bf (32-bit)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6.5 (PV), EBS-backed
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 (PV), SSD Volume Type - ami-9fcf87af (64-bit) / ami-9d95d8ad (32-bit)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Service Pack 3 (PV), EBS General Purpose (SSD) Volume Type. Amazon EC2 AMI Tools preinstalled; Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.3, and Ruby 1.8.7 available.
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS (PV), SSD Volume Type - ami-37501207
Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS (PV),EBS General Purpose (SSD) Volume Type. Support available from Canonical (http://www.ubuntu.com/cloud/services).
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 01:18 AM)TGates Wrote: Just like NOTED in the install Docs: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=57 Wink

If they do not have a clean minimal OS version, you could try removing all of the resources manually, save an image of it, then install the panel.
how will i do it please a detail step instructions would be helpful
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 03:26 AM)mahboobkhn18 Wrote: how will i do it please a detail step instructions would be helpful

Me.B may be better with the commands for that.

Also, Me.B Maybe you could make up a 'service uninstaller' or something? You know the command line stuff a lot better than me Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
YEs we could make service uninstaller but this image is too much customised. There is a lot of cleaner images with AWS. He would better pick a clean one. This is my advice instead of listing all services/packages and trying to clean this mess manually.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: TGates
(01-09-2015, 06:20 AM)Me.B Wrote: YEs we could make service uninstaller but this image is too much customised. There is a lot of cleaner images with AWS. He would better pick a clean one. This is my advice instead of listing all services/packages and trying to clean this mess manually.

M B

which instance should I use can you recommend one please
Thanks given by:
https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B0...0792295087
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 06:32 PM)Me.B Wrote: https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B0...0792295087
Worked like a charm, though i didn't get how to set it to custom zpanel.publicip it is set in the original publicip,so will it be a problem for my original website to be in the domain name
Thanks given by:
Totally OT but you can get a free AWS instance for 1 full year currently, good for testing out the platform
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,937 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,547 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,121 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp