This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SSL Ports 443 Kills Apache?
RE: SSL Ports 443 Kills Apache?
Forget about commenting Listen 443 in default Apache2 folder files
"/etc/apache2/ports.conf_disabled_by_sentora"

I installed Sentora on Ubuntu 14.04 all default settings and the SSL runs normal using the Module Admin>>Apache Config>>Select VHOST.

Using "server.mydomain.tld" is redirected to SSL port 443 automatically with no problem.
get top priority support for Sentora  "Sentora Premium Support"
Domain Name Promos @ digix1 domains

Thanks given by:
Yes, truth
Apache fails when:
Code:
root@host:~# sudo service apache2 restart
* Restarting web server apache2                                                (98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443
                                                                         [fail]
* The apache2 instance did not start within 20 seconds. Please read the log files to discover problems
root@host:~#

The problem is when you add "Listen 443" in the httpd-vhosts.conf.
Code:
################################################################
# Apache VHOST configuration file
# Automatically generated by Sentora 1.0.0
# Generated on: 23:50 10th Feb 2015 BRST
#==== YOU MUST NOT EDIT THIS FILE : IT WILL BE OVERWRITTEN ====
# Use Sentora Menu -> Admin -> Module Admin -> Apache config
################################################################

Listen 80
Listen 443

Solution?
Thanks given by:
Ok it's like this Cantalupo,

Forget about what I've mentioned by adding extra Listen 443, coz this will be generated what ever you do in Ubuntu, Its different from CentOS settings anyway.
Just try using those generated 443 by default and add your ssl certs by using Module Admin>>Apache Config>>Select VHOST.

I' just tried the default SSL setup by Sentora and it works just fine, I 've installed 3 VM Ubuntu servers and all of them works fine with SSL.
get top priority support for Sentora  "Sentora Premium Support"
Domain Name Promos @ digix1 domains

Thanks given by: alexus
But when you add or remove domains or subdomains, the problem will come back.
For the file httpd-vhosts.conf will be updated.

Porting "Listen 443" will be added and apache will crash again ...
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2015, 02:57 AM)Jayster Wrote: You do not comment the 443 that was created in Sentora VHOST coz that will be re-generated if there will be a new entry and after the daemon runs.

I am referring to SSL.CONF Listen Port created by the default open SSL not the one with Sentora VHOST.

(See SSL default configuration in CentOS path)
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf

Code:
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

#
# When we also provide SSL we have to listen to the
# the HTTPS port in addition.
#
Listen 443

##
##  SSL Global Context

If you comment that default Listen 443, there will be no issue on adding another port 443 entry on Sentora VHOST that will be created inside Sentora settings.

Tnx a lot, i did not notice reply. I think it should work for me on CentOS
I just upgrded to 1.0.x had same issue, but now i see that file you pointed out I think I should be good.

I do noticed another potential bug though.

SSL configured, website exceeds bandwidth limitation. VM hostrecord gets updated pointing site to error page BUT something wrong with logic and HTTPd start complaining that there suppoed to be SSL configured and whole server can not restart after demon update Sad I will try to do more testing in the future
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora & Apache behind Nginx Reverse Proxy Feilding Weather 7 13 ,506 08-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Last Post: ccr1969
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,645 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1
SSL install breaks apache service EGOSKY123 1 3 ,881 10-28-2020, 12:12 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90