This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Subdomain creation?
Subdomain creation?
Hi,
Actually I'm using the ZpanelCP 10.1.1 and I'm researching and knowing more about Sentora to view if I replace the Zpanel to the Sentora or wait a more time...
Now, I'm using the Namecheap DNS management. I know when in the Zpanel I can't create automatic subdomains, I need to add each subdomain when I created to the DNS records. In Sentora it's is need too? Because in Cpanel it's unnecessary, when I created the subdomain at the control panel, this is automatically created at the DNS records.
Thanks,
Thanks given by:
RE: Subdomain creation?
Sentora I is basically a bug fixed and rebranded ZPanelCP 10.1.2, so it has exactly the same features for now.
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
Hi

No it do not auto create cname

i will look at it after Work and maby make a module that can make auto dns cname
Sentora 1.0.3 on [Image: DO_Logo_Horizontal_Blue-3db19536.png]

-= Github =-  -= My Repo =-

My Modules
Thanks given by:
Thanks for answer, Jigsaw and Diablo.
I'll wait for the plugin, because for new users and clients, the manual creation of subdomain at DNS is bad. :/
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 09:45 PM)rafaht Wrote: Thanks for answer, Jigsaw and Diablo.
I'll wait for the plugin, because for new users and clients, the manual creation of subdomain at DNS is bad. :/

I guess for the 'average user' it's bad but if you look at it from a multiple server point of view, having internal DNS records could affect web services that run on the local server that are trying to connect to remote servers (utilising a sub-domain of the current TLD).

This would then stop this from working at all and resolve in a DNS lookup error Smile

There are other reasons that I've explained before multiple times why this doesn't do this out of the box but yeah, third-party modules at the moment are the way to go.

I'll address this in Sentora II and attempt to come up with a better 'more intelligent' system
Follow me on Twitter or find out more about me  at bobbyallen.me
Thanks given by: TGates
Hi,
why is not possible to create a subdomain without a domain on zPanel like in Sentora?
I want to assign only a subdomain to a user... but when I try to add a subdomain as a domain... I got a message that's not possible.
Is there any other option to add only subdom. to a user?

thanks.
R.
Thanks given by:
1. If you are looking for zpanel support you are in the wrong topic.

2. Sentora is an update for zpanel so it's obvious we changed it so it can be done in sentora!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 10:44 PM)ballen Wrote:
(08-04-2014, 09:45 PM)rafaht Wrote: Thanks for answer, Jigsaw and Diablo.

I guess for the 'average user' it's bad but if you look at it from a multiple server point of view, having internal DNS records could affect web services that run on the local server that are trying to connect to remote servers (utilising a sub-domain of the current TLD).

This would then stop this from working at all and resolve in a DNS lookup error Smile

There are other reasons that I've explained before multiple times why this doesn't do this out of the box but yeah, third-party modules at the moment are the way to go.

I'll address this in Sentora II and attempt to come up with a better 'more intelligent' system

I fully agree with Ballen!

Although in my project AWServer with ZpanelX DNS-records are created automatically
Thanks given by:
Hi,
I'm using Shared Domains... with 2 domains... example.com and example.net, to create various subdom.
I've created 2 subdomains (or domains), one from every domain above mentioned.
When I try to add a new subdomain (b.example.com or b.example.net) , Sentora does not allow me, and I got a message: "You cannot add a Sub-Domain here. Please use the Subdomain manager to add Sub-Domains."
If a delete one subdomain, then it's possible to add a new one.
I had this issue on zPanel, that's one of the reason I installed Sentora.
What happen now?
Thanks given by:
Even if you try to use the same domain in different users to create several subdomains (one by user), it does not work.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Only working 1 subdomain pedrowilson 3 7 ,030 11-12-2021, 04:59 AM
Last Post: 5050
Subdomain gbrain2008 3 6 ,074 03-08-2021, 05:34 PM
Last Post: ccr1969
Subdomain Not working PLZ HELP rajeevrrs 5 18 ,782 03-14-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: TGates