This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Fairwell Sentora
Fairwell Sentora
I'm sorry to say that I have been forced to move away from zpanel/sentora.

I was a windows ZPanel user and have been waiting patiently for Sentora to be released so that I could start moving everything over. Sadly it has just taken far to long and clients can't wait, I couldn't face setting up new clients on a system that I knew had been ended (zpanel) or unofficially stable (sentora).

Over the weekend I setup a new Plesk server and transferred over 10 domains without any hassle at all, not to mention it supports windows as well which means I can continue to use the antiv, backup tools etc as I have always been doing.

Good luck to Sentora and I will keep checking in to see how its going but I cant help thinking it just needs to be more organised with a proper news feed/time line for users so they know whats going on, telling users to check github to see if anything has changed is simply not good enough. I know its a project run in peoples spare time and we as users all appreciate that fully but the air of unknown is not reassuring for a system that many will end up relying on.
Thanks given by:
RE: Fairwell Sentora
Only a question,

How you were using sentora? Windows server? XP? Environement & use?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I never moved to sentora as I was still waiting for a stable version, so I was using ZPanel on Server 2008 R2 Web Edition hosting 10 domains along with their associated databases and emails. Not huge domains, I think the busiest sees 8000-10000 hits a month. I also had a second ZPanel box, also win server, running at home hosting 4 domains under development.
Thanks given by:
I meant zpanel sorry.

Thanks for the feedback. So mainly PHP/ mySQL websites?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
yes, most if not all use php and MySQL, and one dev one delving into node too.
Thanks given by:
I think that windows port should need a revamp. I still believe IIS is better than apache on windows.

Did you check this?

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=737

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I agree IIS on windows is much better than apache on Windows. Plesk uses IIS and it seems to do a great job using it including using windows DNS rather than named for example like ZPanel did.

I did see the Sentora for windows thread but as I said I need something as a confirmed stable version, waiting for Sentora to reach that stage is just going to take to long for me.
Thanks given by:
so im guessing you payed for Plesk ? or do they have a free version ?
Thanks given by:
I am paying for the $10 a month package to host upto 30 domains, $10 a month is nothing in the grand scheme of things, I probably spend 4x that on coffee from starbucks a month! There is even a $4 a month package for up to 5 domains. All packages get the same software & support.
Thanks given by:
What type of host you are paying for $10?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can anyone suggest best Sentora alternative servermaster 1 546 12-22-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora 2.0 Beta Ron-e 6 12 ,334 01-01-2022, 11:56 AM
Can not access Sentora ThomasMoss 4 6 ,535 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM