This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

bind apache to a specific port.
bind apache to a specific port.
Hi,

i would like to see a way to have a config option to be able to set the generic apache ip to be bound to a certain server ip.
<virtualhost xx.xx.xx.xx:80> and not <virtualhost *:80>

I see its possible to override this in a virtual host override, but i can't find a way to set this in general. Can you please point me where to set this for all vhosts (even if this means i need to override or change a template or script)

regards
J.
Thanks given by:
RE: bind apache to a specific port.
in apache main config file you have :

listen 80

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/bind.html

instead add:

Listen 192.0.2.1:80
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Admin > Sentora Config > ctrl+f > Sentora Apache Port

Also,
Admin > Module Admin > Apache Config > ctrl+f > Apache Port

You have to set the both.
I have Varnish running in front of Apache so that's what I did and it works nicely.
Thanks given by:
(12-02-2014, 09:29 AM)TheVP Wrote: Admin > Sentora Config > ctrl+f > Sentora Apache Port

Also,
Admin > Module Admin > Apache Config > ctrl+f > Apache Port

You have to set the both.
I have Varnish running in front of Apache so that's what I did and it works nicely.

config settings:
Senotoa Apache Port: 80
Module Apache Port: 80
result:
# Configuration for Sentora control panel.
Listen 80
<VirtualHost *:80>
# DOMAIN: test.domain
<virtualhost *:80>

config settings:
Senotoa Apache Port: yy.yy.yy.yy:80
Module Apache Port: xx.xx.xx.xx:80
result:
Listen yy.yy.yy.yy:80
Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80
# Configuration for Sentora control panel.
<VirtualHost *:yy.yy.yy.yy:80>
# DOMAIN: test.domain
<virtualhost *:xx.xx.xx.xx:80>

As you can see from the second example this does not result in proper virtualhost entires. I used xx.xx.xx.xx and yy.yy.yy.yy in this example just to show what config field results in which output entry. The Problem ist just the leading "*:" in the virtualhost lines.

This means it is possible to change the port the apache server is running on, but not to limit the ip-address to a single ip address. The only solution would be to change the line in the code that creates the virtualhost entry.

Code:
       $vhostPort = ( fs_director::CheckForEmptyValue( $rowvhost[ 'vh_custom_port_in' ] ) )
                    ? $VHostDefaultPort
                    : $rowvhost[ 'vh_custom_port_in' ];

$vhostIp = ( fs_director::CheckForEmptyValue( $rowvhost[ 'vh_custom_ip_vc' ] ) )
                  ? "*"
                  : $rowvhost[ 'vh_custom_ip_vc' ];

Something like adding a VHostDefaultIP would maybe help here. I could do that changes to the code, but thats inside the core of the application and i am sure future updates would break that again. Any suggestions how to go on?

J
Thanks given by:
This would be really helpful ... the possibility to bind Apache to IP (or even to allocate IPs to clients ...).
Thanks given by:
I'd like to see this resolved too.

For example, I don't want the control panel to run on port 80 -- so move it to 1080

but I also don't want the default page that comes up when anyone goes to any domain that resolves to the IP of the server, but not necessarily has a vhost configured for it ( including the server's alias that's hosting the sentora cp on port 1080 ) to default show the very first 'user domain' that is added as a vhost by default.

This is what I'm looking for, if ip is x.x.x.x

dom.ain x.x.x.x:1080 sentora cp
dom.ain x.x.x.x:80 static blank page, or something else.
resolvable.but.not.hosted.dom.ain x.x.x.x:80 static blank page, or something else.
resolvable.hosted.dom.ain x:x:x:x:80 valid vhost that brings up correct page
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sentora & Apache behind Nginx Reverse Proxy Feilding Weather 7 13 ,628 08-06-2021, 02:58 PM
Last Post: ccr1969
Postfix relay specific domains to mailjet johnnyp 0 2 ,036 01-29-2021, 04:44 AM
Last Post: johnnyp
How to run multiple version PHP with Apache (use Sentora panel) on Centos ??? BigBang 4 7 ,692 12-23-2020, 03:31 PM
Last Post: djkashdui1