This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Windows Live Mail Setup
RE: Windows Live Mail Setup
(12-03-2014, 06:30 PM)Me.B Wrote: even CMS??? Internal from the server?

So now you almost report SMTP down?

PM me zadmin password & panel url.

yes, i can't send any email from CMS (Datalife Engine) with SMTP.
i'll send you sentora admin panel informations.
Thanks given by:
created a testing account.

was able to send from webmail & using ESMTP tool:

https://smtptest.codeplex.com/

No issues with server. Check again your config & stop blaming the server config.

Use your server IP for SMTP:
login: your email setup on the panel.
pass: the password you setup with the email.
Port: 25
SSL: NO & no TLS

That works fine & was able to receive the email on gmail... So...
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 09:31 PM)Me.B Wrote: created a testing account.

was able to send from webmail & using ESMTP tool:

https://smtptest.codeplex.com/

No issues with server. Check again your config & stop blaming the server config.

Use your server IP for SMTP:
login: your email setup on the panel.
pass: the password you setup with the email.
Port: 25
SSL: NO & no TLS

That works fine & was able to receive the email on gmail... So...

and the result with that SMTP tester Dodgy

Code:
Erro Mensagem: Failure sending mail. || Erro Stack Trace:    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at TestaSmtp.Form1.btnTestar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Thanks given by:
For me it worked fine NO ERRORS & got even the email on my gmail. I created a new account test44@yourdomain ( deleted it after I finished the test!).

Add a new account like I did. I can't help any more as this works & not a server issue & seem you have issues following the above basic instructions:
login: full email
pass: email password
port 25
server: server IP or domain.

I'm repeating my self here over and over and seem you still miss how to setup.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
i just fixed this issue with adding this code in master.cf file:

Code:
587       inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

(12-04-2014, 12:52 AM)Me.B Wrote: For me it worked fine NO ERRORS & got even the email on my gmail. I created a new account test44@yourdomain ( deleted it after I finished the test!).

Add a new account like I did. I can't help any more as this works & not a server issue & seem you have issues following the above basic instructions:
port 25

M B
you didn't help at all! so don't get confused  Wink  and stop lying  Cool  
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2014, 02:42 AM)ShoMpeT Wrote: i just fixed this issue with adding this code in master.cf file:

Code:
587       inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

(12-04-2014, 12:52 AM)Me.B Wrote: For me it worked fine NO ERRORS & got even the email on my gmail. I created a new account test44@yourdomain ( deleted it after I finished the test!).

port 25

M B
you didn't help at all! so don't get confused  Wink  and stop lying  Cool  

I was polite & tried my best to help. I can easily ban you for missing respect here over "lying".

I took time to test your setup & logging in your server & offered that for free while my daily job is sys admin.

Beside that default config we use is:

https://github.com/sentora/sentora-insta...ix/main.cf

It's different from the one you showed here and I'm sure you modified it or installed something else on postfix & my standard test showed too using the tool I posted SMTP authentication worked fine. 

in your main config you added:

Quote:smtpd_milters           = inet:127.0.0.1:8891
non_smtpd_milters       = $smtpd_milters
milter_default_action   = accept

you enabled DKIM & never reported you messed up with postfix.

If you expect here help learn to respect those trying help you solving issues that most of the time you create manipulating stuff you were not supposed to.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Why you keep telling me "You messed up"? that's why i told you don't lie! because i install OpenDKIM that mean i messed up Postfix!  you want me to skip DKIM because after that i cant send emails and you telling me this is a support? you talking about respect but you keep telling that "you messed", "you don't know anything", so if you want respect, you have to talk to others with respect. it's simple. now if you wan't to ban me, go and do it, but you have to be banned to.

then telling me that you did test my server and everything was OK, so how come with this messed up your test result was OK?  Huh as you said i messed up and you test it and everything was OK! EXPLAIN IT  Huh i don't know what r y talking about! anyway, if you want to support or helping others, you have to fix the script issues!

and one more thing, i didn't know that we have to pay for support here, i can pay you because of your time and that minutes that you worked with my server. send me your Paypal email and cost.
Thanks given by:
1. If you want help, you explain your issue & report ALL CHANGES MADE to server. So we can figure out the issue.

2. "We" as I talk about sentora team don't support installs that are not standard.

3. When I say SMTP test worked & I got email on gmail, I was not lying.

4. When you change SMTP transport & add filters you must understand what you are really doing & this is why you had to restore the installer default settings.

5. You got a warning and calm down a bit.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
At any rate, the answer was right here, except for the port change of 587 instead of default 25 (which is left out because it's default):
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...00#pid4600

Glad you got it solved!
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,146 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Postfix mail.log to database stikekar 2 7 ,130 03-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora Email Setup - EMAIL DOESN'T GO TO SPAM james30263 0 3 ,099 09-15-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: james30263