This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HOW-TO]Creating your own 'zppy' repository
[HOW-TO]Creating your own 'zppy' repository
Creating your own ‘zppy’ repository
Written by Bobby Allen
Reviewed by Cantalupo
Revision: 2.0.0
Update November 29, 2014.

What is zppy?
Pronounced ‘zz-­‐ei-­‐p’ (zippy) is a command line utility developed by Bobby Allen to enable ZPanel administrators  to  install,  upgrade  and  remove  modules  (Zpanel  .zpp  packages).
The zppy client is based upon various Linux package manager command line tools like aptitude and yum. The commands are kept similar so that new users with Linux knowledge should find it familiar.

The benefits of creating your own ‘zppy’ repository
As a developer, the benefits of running your own zppy repository is mainly that you can keep all your module packages in one place and that by using .zpp files to distribute your modules and upgrades you can ensure that your modules automated installation should be flawless.
As a user of your modules having a zppy repository that your customers or users can configure to use, means they have an easy and automated way of installing your modules and performing upgrades.

How to create your own ‘zppy’ repository
To create your own zppy repository you need to do is to create a domain or sub-­domain (for example, packages.mycompany.com), this domain or sub-­domain is what your users will add to their local repository list using the
Code:
zppy repo add {fqdn}
Eg.  
Code:
zppy repo add packages.mycompany.com

Now you have the domain or sub-­domain created and a web server is configured at the address the only other thing you need is a file on the root of that website called ‘packages.txt’ this file should contain a list (line separated list) of all the packages that the server will serve to a
Code:
zppy install
or
Code:
zppy upgrade
request.

Here is an example:
[Image: ZjxXxGQ.png]
So (using the example packages.txt file above) on the server (the root of the
http://packages.mycompany.com/ directory) the following Zpanel packages (files) should exist:
  • zantastico.zpp
  • zantastico_admin.zpp
  • faq_editor_x.zpp
  • group_manager.zpp
  • theme_manager_deluxe.zpp

You can also have other .zpp files exist on in your packages repository however if they are not included in the packages.txt file as a security feature the user will not be able to install them using the zppy client.
The .zpp files and the package.txt file must be in the root of the domain or sub-domain for the repository to be setup and work correctly.

Keeping your packages.txt file up to date
You can either keep this up to date manually (edit the package file by hand every time you add a  new package to your server) or you could create a script to create the file on the fly (using PHP, ASP, JSP or another dynamic scripting language or even a scheduled batch or shell script!)

How to connect and use your repository for installing and upgrading modules.
A user simply has the run the zppy client with the following command:
Code:
zppy repo add packages.mycompany.com

Then the user needs to obtain the package list from your server, they do this by refreshing their zppy-­cache package list, they do this by running the following command:
Code:
zppy update

The finally they can then install any of your module packages using the install command like so:
Code:
zppy install your-module-name

and just as easy as they installed your module, they can upgrade it too using this command:
Code:
zppy upgrade your-module-name

Although the following command doesn’t require communication with your repository, its good for users to know that they can also remove your module from their server using this command:
Code:
zppy remove your-module-name
Thanks given by:
RE: Creating your own 'zppy' repository
I think Sentora is gone stop using prived repositorys, and will get one 'store'..
http://store.sentora.org/

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: Cantalupo
Quote:I think Sentora is gone stop using prived repositorys, and will get one 'store'..
http://store.sentora.org/

Thus all will be easier.
Smile
Thanks given by:
Yep,motters is working on the store scripts. Once they are completed, private repo's will be for personal development of modules only and all released modules will require being submitted to the Store once completed Wink

The Store will be really sweet if we can get it sorted according to our plans we have designed for it Angel 

I do not want to say too much just in case all features do not get added.

But, for now, thanks for posting up this tutorial.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-30-2014, 04:15 AM)TGates Wrote: The Store will be really sweet if we can get it sorted according to our plans we have designed for it Angel 
I do not want to say too much just in case all features do not get added.

aaaah come on! we are curious! what can we expect!  Big Grin

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
RE: [HOW-TO]Creating your own 'zppy' repository
Is it possible to install direct from store? Like joomla f.ex. You can install component from admin direct..
Thanks given by:
Scripts like Joomla, etc. will NOT be available from the store. Only modules and themes directly related to Sentora.
But, there are plans to make a repository for
#Sentastico
so admins can add/remove/submit packages like Joomla, WordPress, etc. (Have not even started on this yet. Too many other things to sort out first.)

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2015, 04:56 AM)TGates Wrote: Scripts like Joomla, etc. will NOT be available from the store. Only modules and themes directly related to Sentora.
But, there are plans to make a repository for
#Sentastico
so admins can add/remove/submit packages like Joomla, WordPress, etc. (Have not even started on this yet. Too many other things to sort out first.)

I use Google Translate. So maybe I can explain myself a little better.
I wonder if it will be as in joomla f.ex that in the control panel can install modules directly from Sentora store.
Thanks given by:
Blush I see now Wink Yes, that is the plan. Server admins will be able to connect directly to the store and install free and paid-for themes and modules from within the panel.
There is no time frame for this yet, as we are busy working on the core and installers/updaters.

Thanks given by: