This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A file manager is necessary !?
RE: A file manager is necessary !?
(11-24-2014, 06:10 AM)jacobg830 Wrote: Sounds like a plan, though I just lag the time to actually do anything haha.
Neither do I Haaaa ha ha.. Anyway.
The whole idea is Fantastic... the fact we are thinking about it is already something and is more than of what we had yesterday.

(11-24-2014, 06:11 AM)Me.B Wrote: Building such module would not be so hard.
I wish I could tell the same, I know some PHP and I program somethings for wordpress and even have got to create some little projects to integrate two different technologies but have not a clue about programming for linux! and I'm not familiar with the dryden framework.

(11-24-2014, 06:11 AM)Me.B Wrote: I even took time to check that ajax explorer aka pydio works fine on a normal hosting:
BUT my concern is always having such features executing within the panel context.
Why?... I mean... what is the risk that you see on it?

(11-24-2014, 06:11 AM)Me.B Wrote: In my own setup I move off webmail/phpmyadmin to a custom subdomain for my customers, so I can maintain it & ensure it's locked down ( less privilege than execution into sentora sub domain).
How do you you do that?
I mean. I know how to assing a subdomain to the webmail and same is the process for PhPMyadmin but is this what you do or you "literally" remove sentora permisions from both logins?
Because for my understanding all of what the sentora panel does is provide a link to the login screens of each aplication. I am not aware of any special permissions on the login different than what a normal install of this modules would have.

(11-24-2014, 06:11 AM)Me.B Wrote: Check monstaFTP that will use the ftp access to upload/ manage/edit files & works great.
I checked and looks great... for people like us familiar with IT stuff, plenty of knowledge and resourcefull but as per my type of customers experience (designers, average business owners and some, IT noobs), more than just drag 'n drop file management is required.

Use the standars set by cPanel (thanks to hostgator and big hosting providers) as a reference.
With the default cPanel file explorer you can
  • Upload
  • Download
  • Compress
  • Decompress
  • Edit files (in plain text view)
  • Edit file permissions (RWX)

Some of this was achievable with ajaxplorer and that is why it was looking good to use on zPanel.

Now that you mention te licensing method jacob,
Does pyd.io have an opensource licensing or they changed the licensing model along with the brand?
To err is human... to really screw up requires the root password  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(11-23-2014, 11:21 PM)jacobg830 Wrote: ...
Some of this was achievable with ajaxplorer and that is why it was looking good to use on zPanel.

Now that you mention te licensing method jacob,
Does pyd.io have an opensource licensing or they changed the licensing model along with the brand?
As I understand it we can use it without problem, check:
https://pyd.io/knowledge-base-2/f-a-q/#licensing
Thanks given by:
If anybody wants to look how WJftw made Ajaxplorer for Zpanel can look at my (old Zpanel backupdropbox (1 year old) or github (2 year old and i don't know if wrk73 == WJftw).
I like to do it but it's out of my reach of coding skills so i am tring to help like this.. Tongue

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
I'm a NOOB. Searching for a control panel for my VPS. I've done zpanel and canned it when I couldn't find a File Manager for it and FileZilla didn't work well with it either. I then tried a few other free control panels. Kloxo, Vesta Panel, etc. and they were all the same. Some slightly better than others, but all have one thing in common, they either don't have File Managers, or when they do, they are VERY iffy.

If you are looking for users, then File Manager would make a GREAT difference. There is a whole avalanche of VPS users that are on the rise from Windows environment, previously using shared hosting with cPanel/DirectAdmin and are searching for that ONE in a million control panel that provides an EFFICIENT File Manager that WORKS!

So yes, if you don't have people who can help create it, then better not to even try. But if and when you do, it would make a very big difference in the number of people who would sign up with you.

If you're just going to do what other control panels are going to do, you'll be one in more than a dozen of same control panels that people may look at (although people aren't as happy with zpanel any longer and Sentora would suffer because of its association). But if you are able to offer a File Manager that WORKS!!!!! Then you'll be ahead of those dozen and zPanel would have perfectly redeemed itself as well - or if it is done with Sentora only, you'll be definitely ahead of every one.
Thanks given by:
(11-25-2014, 01:53 AM)Ron-e Wrote: If anybody wants to look how WJftw made Ajaxplorer for Zpanel can look at my (old Zpanel backup) dropbox (1 year old) or github (2 year old and i don't know if wrk73 == WJftw).
I like to do it but it's out of my reach of coding skills so i am tring to help like this.. Tongue
I'm (or better put .... I was) a brand-new zpanel user (tried it a few days ago). I tried to add Ajaxplorer, but it is not available through Yum. Then discovered by Googling the subject that it is no longer offered by zpanel, and it is now being migrated as Pydio towards Sentora. Looks as though Sentora doesn't have it either ....
Thanks given by:
What about combining http://elfinder.org/ with FTP access?

Only issue that won't offer server side zip support.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
is an option.
elfinder is slow, little resources, but does what it says do.

The best option continues to be the https://pyd.io/, ex AjaXplorer
Thanks given by:
The problem we've always had with file managers is not making the module as its a quick job to integrate something like ajaxplorerbelieve it or not. The problem has always been keeping it maintained. For example ajaxploreris such a huge complex application in its own right that it comes with its own problems which we certainly don't have time to test, fix etc.

The major hesitation is security, just keeping up with all the third-party package in Sentora as it is atm is a pain in the arse lol. What happens if there is a security issue in say ajaxplorer, we have to first find out about it, then create a hot patch and then wait for the community to apply it. Plus security issues with file managers are generally quite serious due to the nature of their job lmfao.

And that's why we've always left the file manager as a third party module and not a core module. I did make a file manager a while ago early ZPX times; i believe there is one in the module section atm???

Its something i thing the team need to re discus as the community have obvious voiced concern Smile
Thanks given by:
I truly believe that a filemanager with zip/unzip function is a must addition for this panel
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 10:27 PM)iTpain Wrote: I truly believe that a filemanager with zip/unzip function is a must addition for this panel

& what about security? Problem those file manager are gain 3rd party... have their own flaws/bugs & last security issues came from 3rd party lib's. Notice the people here trying to install ajaxexplorer despite it's buggy & not secure! ( many CVE released since with some very severe).

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: