This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Assigning static IP
Assigning static IP
Hi, using the beta, looking good so far.

If I wanted to assign a static ip, what would be the syntax for the dns nameserver when using sentora?

Thanks
Mark
Thanks given by:
RE: Assigning static IP
Hi,

Your question have nothing to do in the annoucement section of the forum ! I moved it here. Thank you to be carefull of where you post..

About the question itself, I no not undestant it well.

1) A server MUST have a static IP. (Ok, it is possible to provide a server with dynamic IP but restrict it for personnal use only and DO NOT host a DNS server on it!).

2) In both case, until you have knowledge enough to manage a secure DNS server, and resource enough to build a DNS server compatible with IANA specifications, use the DNS provided by your domain provider.

3) SeeĀ  Setting up your domain DNS with your registrar nameserver
Thanks given by: