This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Change password in roundcube
Change password in roundcube
Hi, is there a way to setup sentora in a way that users can change their email password in roundcube ?

Thank you
Thanks given by:
RE: Change password in roundcube
Right now, it can only be changed through the Panel. But, there is a RoundCube password change addon. You will need to check their site or Google for more info on this.
Google: RoundCube password plugin

I will also post this as a feature request so we can look into making this an additional feature.
No guarantees though as this is a plugin to roundcube and not a part of its core (which i do not understand why not...)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: R0Bzombie
(11-01-2014, 05:32 AM)TGates Wrote: Right now, it can only be changed through the Panel. But, there is a RoundCube password change addon. You will need to check their site or Google for more info on this.
Google: RoundCube password plugin

I will also post this as a feature request so we can look into making this an additional feature.
No guarantees though as this is a plugin to roundcube and not a part of its core (which i do not understand why not...)

I need that feature myself and as i see the "RoundCube password change addon" has a plugin system to support various methods. I will work on a plugin to make that work with sentora.

J.
Thanks given by:
It would be a no-brainer to include a password change option. It's wildly inappropriate to have users ask you for password changes. You shouldn't know people's passwords.
Thanks given by:
It's also just as easy to make a user group called 'email' and only give it email module permissions. Then the user can log into their panel account and change their own password.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
We already have all installed with the current sentora installer to get this feature. After a bit of reading in docs here is all that needs to be done:

in /etc/sentora/configs/roundcube/main.inc.php (row 378) replace:
Code:
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');

with

$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve','password');
This turns on the already installed plugin.

in the plugin config file set this values:
/etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/plugins/password/config.inc.php

Code:
$rcmail_config['password_driver'] = 'sql';
$rcmail_config['password_confirm_current'] = true;
$rcmail_config['password_minimum_length'] = 0;  # <- or set to minimum password length
$rcmail_config['password_require_nonalpha'] = false; #<- set to true to only allow more complex passwords
$rcmail_config['password_log'] = false;

// SQL Driver options
$rcmail_config['password_db_dsn'] = 'mysql://postfix:<<insert your real pasword here>>@localhost/sentora_postfix';
// Intended on fleshing this out a bit, but wanted to get something working first
$rcmail_config['password_query'] = 'UPDATE mailbox SET password=%D WHERE username=%u';
$rcmail_config['password_idn_ascii'] = false;
// Also tried making a shell script called dovecotpw that just passes the arguments on to doveadm pw, no difference
$rcmail_config['password_dovecotpw'] = '/usr/bin/doveadm pw';
$rcmail_config['password_dovecotpw_method'] = 'PLAIN-MD5';
$rcmail_config['password_dovecotpw_with_method'] = true;

After those two steps are done every user logged into the webmail system is able to change his/her own password. Menu (Settings) -> Password

This topic could be marked solved :-)
J
Thanks given by: R0Bzombie , Cantalupo , jcgiler , herohat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to upgrade RoundCube rajeevrrs 0 1 ,727 11-01-2022, 10:19 PM
Last Post: rajeevrrs
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,981 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
How to add password reset option in roundcube hakunamatata 15 62 ,715 02-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Last Post: republicus