This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Just for kicks and giggles!
Just for kicks and giggles!
I thought it would be fun to see what else i could get Sentora to run on.  So, i fired up the latest Mint 17 distro (Cinnamon Desktop - but should work with any) and worked with the installer.  Here is a screenshot of the finished product. Let me know what you think.  Smile

[Image: SentoraMintTest.png]
Thanks given by:
RE: Just for kicks and giggles!
Sentora could work on so many linux distribution without a problem, debian and even freeBSD.

The main issue is always maintaining the branches and testing them. It's not an easy task. We are already merging the installers into one so we can support centos 6.x/7.x with the same installer as ubuntu 12.x/14.x.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thats cool Wink I like it when people test things out on other distro's to see if things work or not. If more people did it we could expand our list of working OSs. We are just too busy to test them all Sad
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Yes, it is cool, but I want to warn : it is not because the panel displays correctly all pages that everything is working fine without any security hole !

We are already battling to be sure all is ok in 4 distros (Ubuntu 12 & 14 LTS, CentOs 6 & 7), all in 64 and 32 bits, and it is not an easy task ... but in all the panel displays fine !

BTW, if you have a config that is stable and really OK and need only some touches from installer to be ok, let you tell here everything that we need to be adjusted and we may integrate it.
Thanks given by: