This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cron Job Issue: Error: System Cron file could not be created.
Cron Job Issue: Error: System Cron file could not be created.
Hi,

Iam not able to create new cron jobs through the panel, as my script path and other things are correct when i tried to add it over SSH it was showing another error of vm below are the things I have done so please help me.

1. Cron jobs neeed to add 

================ Start =========================
# Campaigns sender, runs each minute.
* * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php send-campaigns >/dev/null 2>&1

# Transactional email sender, runs once at 2 minutes.
*/2 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php send-transactional-emails >/dev/null 2>&1

# Bounce handler, runs once at 10 minutes.
*/10 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php bounce-handler >/dev/null 2>&1

# Feedback loop handler, runs once at 20 minutes.
*/20 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php feedback-loop-handler >/dev/null 2>&1

# Delivery/Bounce processor, runs once at 3 minutes.
*/3 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php process-delivery-and-bounce-log >/dev/null 2>&1

# Various tasks, runs each hour.
0 * * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php hourly >/dev/null 2>&1

# Daily cleaner, runs once a day.
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/login_mydomain_in/apps/console/console.php daily >/dev/null 2>&1

================ END =========================

2.  I used this command in putty crontab -e but when copy and pasting the above single line it was showing this error  Sentora_4.png

3. As i tried to from the control panel Iam geting this error : Screenshot Sentora_1.png

4. When I looked my cron job list over putty i can see this : Screenshot Sentora_3.png

I don't know why it was not working as it was very important to run above cron , I have upgraded PHP Version to  5.6.36
on today before it was PHP Version 5.4.16 . I don't know it all was happening because of this I followed this tut for upgrade the php  http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=4131

So nay one please help me..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: Cron Job Issue: Error: System Cron file could not be created.
Those style crons need to be added using SSH and will not work through the panel (Just to be clear).

You will need to add them manually to your cron tasks according to your OS's instructions.

Google: centos 7 add cron job
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
I add from cron in SSH and continue don´t works never
Thanks given by:
(06-23-2018, 12:36 AM)franmm25 Wrote: I add from cron in SSH and continue don´t works never

Hi, I have solved the issue by adding the cron jobs directly in the cron file in : /var/spool/cron

there we have have file named as root so I have edited it using notepad++ and added directly. 

I can see everything is working fine with out any issue. From this we can confirm above types of 

cron jobs will work.
Thanks given by:
(06-24-2018, 02:29 AM)nscloud Wrote: Hi, I have solved the issue by adding the cron jobs directly in the cron file in : /var/spool/cron

there we have have file named as root so I have edited it using notepad++ and added directly. 

I can see everything is working fine with out any issue. From this we can confirm above types of 

cron jobs will work.

Good, Glad you sorted it out Big Grin

Thanks given by:
In that directory i only in centos have file called apache, you tell this file owner it´s root or file called root ,, dont understand this
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2018, 04:46 AM)franmm25 Wrote: In that directory i only in centos have file called apache, you tell this file owner it´s root or file called root ,, dont understand this

It is the file named.conf which he had owned by root.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Repo update error hostingms 3 5 ,243 02-14-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,399 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,099 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM