This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Incoming email not receiving.
Incoming email not receiving.
I've been having a problem getting email to work correctly, I followed the instructions more than once and assured everything was correct. But, while outbound email is sent successfully, inbound mail isn't received.

Is there a distinct cause as to why that might happen? What are some troubleshooting methods I can try?

Much appreciated,
OinkyOverlord
Thanks given by: natansousa1992
RE: Incoming email not receiving.
could you check in https://intodns.com where you mx records are pointing?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
I have the same problem, in my case I pointed out the mx of the mydomain to the ip of my server and inside my server the mx are pointed as in the image below.

I posted two images here one with the mx settings of the sentora server and another one with the settings of my domain.

In this link I posted my doubt: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=4567

I thank you for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Técnico em informática e redes, amante de tecnologia da informação, desenvolvedor formado em análise e desenvolvimento de sistemas...
Thanks given by:
Are you using sentora DNS or using external? If this is your main domain, special settings need to be followed. If it's a customer domain or 'add on domain' all they need to do is point their domain at your nameservers and control it inside sentora.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
[attachment=740 Wrote:TGates pid='23048' dateline='1527661780']         Are you using sentora DNS or using external? If this is your main domain, special settings need to be followed. If it's a customer domain or 'add on domain' all they need to do is point their domain at your nameservers and control it inside sentora.

I am using external dns server, this domain is mine, how can I create the pop, imap and smt entries manually and point to the ip of my sentora server?

I am creating type A entries pointing the staff domain to my server, this is how I am hosting some sites on my server.

I have two type A entries in my hosting that points to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com for the ip of my server I tried to use this address to point a domain to the dns server of the sentora and I could not leave a picture of the error here in the message.

Are the doors used in the sentencing still these?
  • 20 & 21 : FTP
  • 25 (TCP) : SMTP
  • 53 (TCP & UDP) : DNS
  • 80 (TCP & UDP) : HTTP
  • 110 : POP3
  • 143 : IMAP
Técnico em informática e redes, amante de tecnologia da informação, desenvolvedor formado em análise e desenvolvimento de sistemas...
Thanks given by:
Me.B will be better to help you if using external DNS. I use the Sentora DNS and it works differently.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
1. MX should be a CNAME to another domain not to the IP.

Example:

@ MX point to mail.domain.com
Then you create an A record mail pointing to the server IP.
You need to have 2 records setup CNAME + A so MX works.

If you wand to add pop.domain.com the easy way is another cname pointing to mail.domain.com.

2. If you use external dns you don't need to create ns1 & ns2 pointing to server IP as those DNS entries won't be used.

I don't get the point over server doors? You mean ports? DNS don't care about ports as long the DNS entry resolve correctly.

Hope it helps
M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
(05-31-2018, 06:09 AM)Me.B Wrote: 1. MX should be a CNAME to another domain not to the IP.

Example:

If you wand to add pop.domain.com the easy way is another cname pointing to mail.domain.com.

2. If you use external dns you don't need to create ns1 & ns2 pointing to server IP as those DNS entries won't be used.

I don't get the point over server doors? You mean ports? DNS don't care about ports as long the DNS entry resolve correctly.

Hope it helps
M B

Thanks for the friend, I'll do as you said I'll create the type A entry pointing mail.mydomain.com to the server ip, then I create two entries of the CNAME type pointing my.mydomain.com to mail.mydomain .com.br

About the doors ....
I asked why I have to free all ports on a firewall that stays before my server ...

I'm going to test the notes that you told me and then post here the result.

Thanks for the help, my friend.

(05-31-2018, 06:09 AM)Me.B Wrote: 1. MX should be a CNAME to another domain not to the IP.

Example:

Hope it helps
M B

I have created the following notes:

mail.mydomain.com A server ip
mx.mydomain.com CNAME mail.mydomain.com
pop.mydomain.com CNAME mail.mydomain.com
imap.mydomain.com CNAME mail.mydomain.com
smtp.mydomain.com CNAME mail.mydomain.com

Is correct?

As the image below shows:

Is correct?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,676 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 28 ,970 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,109 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519