This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x?
RE: Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x?
(08-23-2018, 09:35 PM)Eulogy Wrote: Plesk Use Mod_sec + fail2ban jail as WAF. We can even setup jail for sentora if you think that can be a problem. I'm using sentora on PHP 7.x with fail2ban, Mod_sec, firewall and SElinux, no problem til now.

Otherwise you can hope to someone can get back  suhosin

https://github.com/sektioneins/suhosin7/...ae1e30d3f5

This project might be worth looking at:

https://snuffleupagus.readthedocs.io

I'm currently testing it with Sentora on CentOS 7 with PHP 7.2.

Takes a bit of configuring and from my testing one configuration is affecting all PHP-based sites and I can't seem to completely get each site running separately from each other (I am finding that the "rules" file for the vhosts is affecting the Sentora code even when there's no "rules" file defined for Sentora). Not sure if this is a bug issue with Snuffleupagus or by design, but it's currently being developed which is more than seems to be happening with Suhosin Smile

I am also running Fail2Ban on the same test server and so far it seems happy keeping things at bay...

Keith
Thanks given by:
(08-24-2018, 05:32 AM)fearworks Wrote: This project might be worth looking at:

https://snuffleupagus.readthedocs.io

I'm currently testing it with Sentora on CentOS 7 with PHP 7.2.

Takes a bit of configuring and from my testing one configuration is affecting all PHP-based sites and I can't seem to completely get each site running separately from each other (I am finding that the "rules" file for the vhosts is affecting the Sentora code even when there's no "rules" file defined for Sentora). Not sure if this is a bug issue with Snuffleupagus or by design, but it's currently being developed which is more than seems to be happening with Suhosin Smile

I am also running Fail2Ban on the same test server and so far it seems happy keeping things at bay...

Keith

Hello, fearworks, how did you manage to use php 7.2 with sentora ? is it secure? how so? 

Would you please share some tips.. comandes.. or installers if you can.

Thank you..

And thank you everyone who contributed in SENTORA, you are a life savers.. Thank you
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2018, 09:56 AM)ilyass Wrote: Hello, fearworks, how did you manage to use php 7.2 with sentora ? is it secure? how so? 

Would you please share some tips.. comandes.. or installers if you can.

Thank you..

And thank you everyone who contributed in SENTORA, you are a life savers.. Thank you

I have to admit I haven't tested it thoroughly and compared the security performance against PHP 5.6 running with Suhosin, but I can say that it does appear to function. I've been waiting for PHP 7.3 to be released, and this happened a few days ago, so I will be looking to share some more info very soon.

Obviously it goes without saying that anything involving PHP 7+ is purely experimental and isn't officially supported by the Sentora team. Anyone should only play about with it in a testing or development environment as I am doing, but hopefully it may pave the way for Sentora's first real steps into PHP 7 territory one day (soon?!?)...

Keith
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2018, 11:02 AM)fearworks Wrote: I have to admit I haven't tested it thoroughly and compared the security performance against PHP 5.6 running with Suhosin, but I can say that it does appear to function. I've been waiting for PHP 7.3 to be released, and this happened a few days ago, so I will be looking to share some more info very soon.

Obviously it goes without saying that anything involving PHP 7+ is purely experimental and isn't officially supported by the Sentora team. Anyone should only play about with it in a testing or development environment as I am doing, but hopefully it may pave the way for Sentora's first real steps into PHP 7 territory one day (soon?!?)...

Keith

May want to look at this

https://github.com/sektioneins/suhosin-ng/wiki/News

yay..  maybe not dead after all
Thanks given by:
Will have to keep an eye on it, although they haven't even started yet.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Do not waste time on Sentora, it's a dead project! I have been using ISPConfig for several months and I am satisfied.
Thanks given by:
(07-28-2019, 08:37 AM)MDHX Wrote: Do not waste time on Sentora, it's a dead project! I have been using ISPConfig for several months and I am satisfied.

I tried ISPconfig and that was a waste of time, had more problems with it then with any other cp i ever used.

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel