This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x?
Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x?
Suhosin is a dead project. They don't even sign their 0.38 update version anymore.

I am at a situation where web applications are asking for PHP 7.0 as a prerequisite to their use. Without the Suhosin patch, how is the Sentora project planning to move forward and give us PHP 7.x support?

This is a big deal because as time goes by, you are going to see a mass exodus from Sentora to other solutions merely because they can safely support PHP 7.0.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by: cantalupo555
RE: Suhosin is a dead project. How will Sentora move on to PHP 7.x?
I think we will move off suhosin. and setup php in a different way.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately the Sentora is dead project...
It needs to be reformulated in every way.
Thanks given by:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/ReleaseNotes

We got same ubuntu 18.04

PHP
PHP was updated to version 7.2.x. For upstream guidance on migrating from PHP 7.1 (Artful's version) to 7.2: http://php.net/manual/en/migration72.php. Also of relevance might be the 7.0 to 7.1 migration documentation: http://php.net/manual/en/migration71.php.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(05-09-2018, 07:02 PM)cantalupo555 Wrote: Unfortunately the Sentora is dead project...
It needs to be reformulated in every way.

It's not dead, we are trying to sort out how to change permissions/access from virtual accounts to real accounts if it is even do able. But it is only Me.B and myself. Me.B has a plan, but I am not sure where he stands in his work or planning. We need more dedicated coders to help out.

This suhosin stuff has put us at a standstill... Supposedly the alpha version works, but its still buggy...
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
If developers only 2 why don´t search more people and why don´t create more possibilities , announces and get more people come here to the project, i think it´s possible, for our side and by our side, and get more people for this project, really from zpanel to sentora many years grow and i think this project need more people and more "marketing" and other people come here and enjoy with sentora and all kind of possibilities

Howewer need other space in this forum and website for send questions to the people and think about what kind of future it´s necessary for Sentora
Thanks given by:
Hello World!

I'm back for few updates for the installer for my git branch

This is my projet for the next few weeks

- Notice my current branch support php 7.x

- Make installer compatible with Ubuntu 18.04.X
- Make Installer compatible with fedora til 28
- Make suhosin obsolete
- Install mod_security with Atomic Corp Rules for replacing suhosin security (compatible php 7.X)
- Install Nginx gateway with http/2.0 support
- Solve bugs on Ubuntu installation (get a report about that) -Thank you for the feedback.

This is only on the installer. If you want plug-ins or modules in Sentora for get more control on those features, I will need donation to get time. Otherwise, you will only be able to change options through command line like I do atm.

This only on my git branch. I did a request for master pull but ...
Thanks given by:
Quote:- Install mod_security with Atomic Corp Rules for replacing suhosin security (compatible php 7.X)

This is an interesting concept. Me.B, what are your thoughts?
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
That's non sense. Mod_security is a layer atop apache that will processing incoming requests and filter them. It won't lock user permission to directories.

We should use instead FASTCGI & PHP-CGI. IT will require to create a user per customer and lock them.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by: TGates
Plesk Use Mod_sec + fail2ban jail as WAF. We can even setup jail for sentora if you think that can be a problem. I'm using sentora on PHP 7.x with fail2ban, Mod_sec, firewall and SElinux, no problem til now.

Otherwise you can hope to someone can get back suhosin

https://github.com/sektioneins/suhosin7/...ae1e30d3f5
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,877 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel