This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Email Delivery Fails
Email Delivery Fails
Hello there. How you doing?
I'm on DigitalOcean with Ubuntu 12.04 x64 VM.
And I'm having some problems with quite specific domain when it's about to send email.
The email service I'm trying to send mails is uol.com.br (user@uol.com.br).
Every email from this domain is taking almost 4 hours to informar that it was not delivered.

I think it's about reverse DNS. But I dont know nothing about it.

I need you guys to helpme out to figure out what's going on.
Thanks given by:
RE: Email Delivery Fails
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/q...ds-postfix
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I really don't know how to do this.
Do I have to create this records into my DNS zone for each failing delivering domain? I set them to go where? My Zpanel (Sentora) server IP?
Thanks given by:
Hey there jntslvdrt,

Are you experiencing issues only with UOL or you are experiencing the same with any other ISP like Globo, Hotmail, Yahoo, Terra?

I'm asking because Digital Ocean has the outgoing e-mail blocked by default and in order to have it running you need to open a ticket with them otherwise you will be allowed to send e-mails only within your network.

In the other hand if you have no issues with other mailboxes out of your network, in order to have the e-mail delivered on the inbox flawlessly you probably will have to set up the SPF and DKIM for each domain in your host. This is becoming the new standard for any ISP due to the DMARC policy (Further info on http://dmarc.org ).

For sure this can affect the deliverability of your messages with yahoo and Globomail(Google) I don't know if with UOL as well but wouldn't surprise me that is the case since they have e-mail marketing service as well as part of their business portfolio and in order to have a good reputation they need to respect this policy in every domain related to them.

This might be of help to you: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-an-spf-record-to-prevent-spoofing-improve-e-mail-reliability
To err is human... to really screw up requires the root password  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
tested a new vps on Digital ocean & smtp working fine out of the box. Using it for beta testing.

Sending to gmail no issues & receiving.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
It might be worth checking if the server IP is blacklisted at http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.asp

If it is then you can usually submit your IP to the respective blacklists for removal.

If that's not the probelm then I echo what gfgrisales. I have also heard some Digital Ocean regions block email by default (or at least they used to).
Before posting, update your profile with your OS, Sentora version and server type!

Thanks given by:
No, I'm having no problems with Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo at all (I tested one-by-one and send/receive is working for them)... Its only with UOL. I have no other test mails from Terra or Globo (both BR telecom companies).

I checked out hostname command my server and it was set as my Droplet (VPS) name, LalandeZ, and I set it up as z.lalande.com.br. I think I need to wait a little to see it taking effect once it's about DNS.

About Blacklist everything was OK excepting this both:
TIMEOUT! ASPEWS and TIMEOUT! ivmSIP
But in MX lookup I found this message: No ptr Records exist

And I'll have more lectures into this DMARC thing to figure out what's it about.
Thanks given by:
(10-23-2014, 05:44 AM)Me.B Wrote: tested a new vps on Digital ocean & smtp working fine out of the box. Using it for beta testing.
Sending to gmail no issues & receiving.
Hey there Me.B
Are you doing this on a new account or is an account that you have used before?
Because for any new account that's the outgoing e-mail rule according to this message they sent to me earlier this month.

Digital Ocean´s Support Wrote: Hello!

To curb a recent increase in abuse and SPAM, we have an initial SMTP block on new accounts created in certain contexts.

To remove that block we'd like to do some manual account verification.

Please let us know the following:

- Your Name
- The reason you are requesting the removal of the SMTP block

Also, please provide as many of the following as you can to help us verify your identity:

- Your public Twitter handle
- Your blog
- Your company or personal website
- Your public Facebook profile

We take SPAM very seriously as we comply fully with the CAN-SPAM Act. If you're not familiar, this says that you may not send bulk email unless you maintain a double-authorized list of subscribed members including IP addresses and relevant contact information. Also, you must follow guidelines for including removal links with all sent emails according to the CAN-SPAM Act.

If you have any questions we're happy to help answer them for you.

Regards,
DigitalOcean Support
=====
Posted on 10/03/14 at 16:27 UTC
To err is human... to really screw up requires the root password  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Existing account since a month.

I understand that blocking SMTP on new accounts is a good rule to prevent abuse. Spamming from VPS is on the rise and not only from digital ocean:

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/digitalocean.com

I don't have currently any issue, as I use my DO account only to create testing droptlets for sentora beta. Not using any permanent VPS there, as I have my dedicated servers for that.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Hello, I just renamed my Droplet from LalandeZ to g.lalande.com.br and now email is fully working
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,754 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,146 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
Cannot reuse previously deleted email address rsthomas 16 37 ,488 09-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Last Post: prasanna8519