This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Help for write a PostgreSQL module
Help for write a PostgreSQL module
I am trying to find documentation, for how can i write my own module, i am needing to write a module for postgreSQL based on PHPPGADMIN support, but i dont know how to start..
Thanks given by:
RE: Help for write a PostgreSQL module
http://docs.sentora.org/?node=9

Also, you can look at one of the current modules that does similar to what you want and use that as a base.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: 777user
Right thats fine i am starting to read the manual today, there is some clear template? I know i can do something like that using a existent module well as i am trying to port the phppgadmin i will thinking to use phpmyadmin as they are very similar, but... i understand if not...

Another small thing, i see a lot of directories in /var/sentora, /etc/sentora, sometimes, i have to found files in /var/sentora (i am working in the translations), and in /etc/sentora...
There is some kind of tree documentation for sentora? If not can you help me to understand more?
How can i contribute with documentation if i want, can i do using this forum?

I see that is very easy to translate, creating the 'text tags', i am calling it like this, when i see some fixed text, them i add to the mysql table and change it to the non-fixed one.  (my language are the official Brazilian language in another words: i speak Portuguese, but it is very compatible to European Portuguese, so i think it can help), i can't help with spanish, but it will be more easy to a spanish speaker translate the portuguese, there is some similarity.

Another problem is in the modules names, i see that the modules names are not translated, because they are imported from a specific mysql table, if i translate that i make it non-generic...... i think there is something that need work!

Apparently i didn't found that in the developer documentation!
Thanks given by:
Yes, the phpMyAdmin module would be a good place to start for your module.

This should help with the folder structure/file locations: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=76

It would be good to have another language for the panel Big Grin 

I haven't worked much with the translation system, but I am not sure if the module names can be translated or not.
----
I did a test on my server and some of the modules where translated and some were not. Maybe if the module names were added to the database they would translate?

What i mean is that the modules names are not coming from the x_translations but directly from x_modcats column mc_name_vc

That is a problem because in the webinterface all the boxes have a title with this modcats, giving a strange behavior if you simply translate the x_translations!

For example When the user logs in it will not see a option named "Revenda" in the left menu, but "Resseller".... and the translated text only appear when you open one submenu...

My workaround was to edit mc_name_vc in the x_modcats table, it is a solution for my case, but i think it is not for the whole world! So... i think sentora needs work in that if they want a fully locale compatible sentora =]

And a good thing...
Where can i post the x_translations full working for Brazilian Portuguese ;-)?
Thanks given by:
I see what you mean...

About where to post your translation, put it in the Languages forum section...

Thanks given by:
(04-29-2018, 04:29 AM)TGates Wrote: I see what you mean...

About where to post your translation, put it in the Languages forum section...

I posted the translation =]
Thanks given by:
Right on! Thanks for the contribution!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[MODULE] phpMyAdmin-AU (Auto-Update) TGates 14 40 ,559 06-15-2021, 06:54 AM
Last Post: TGates
[MODULE] SenBrand - Basic Branding module for Sentora TGates 20 43 ,269 06-04-2021, 11:47 AM
Last Post: ccr1969
[MODULE] CoinCorner BitCoin Module Xversion 4 13 ,029 06-03-2021, 05:02 AM
Last Post: zHostingSolutions