This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Install CSF Firewall
RE: Install CSF Firewall
CSF Error: *WARNING* URLGET set to use LWP but perl module is not installed, reverting to HTTP::Tiny
Following the install of CSF (ConfigServer Security & Firewall) on some servers, you may experience the following error message when executing a CSF restart:

*WARNING* URLGET set to use LWP but perl module is not installed, reverting to HTTP::Tiny

If this happens to you, don't worry, it's simply that you are missing a few Perl modules that CSF requires to run correctly. To resolve this problem, please install the following packages:

Code:
yum install perl-libwww-perl net-tools perl-LWP-Protocol-https -y

Or, if you're running Ubuntu, Debian or another apt-based Linux distro, try the following:

Code:
 apt-get install libwww-perl -y

While you're at it, Ubuntu users might also need to install 'sendmail' and 'unzip' so check you have those too.

Once this is done, you should be able to restart CSF without seeing the above error message. Well done! Smile
Thanks given by:
Quote:While you're at it, Ubuntu users might also need to install 'sendmail' and 'unzip' so check you have those too.

I've messed up big time Sad
I installed sendmail as i followed this guide to get CSF working
but it unistalled postfix & postfix_mysql
and i've lost EMAIL working
so i reinstalled them both and still not working
what do i need to do.
tried to use google to fix CSF error and now got an even bigger problem Huh
Thanks given by:
I've had to start a fresh... 3rd time lucky lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[HOW-TO]How Install Ioncube Sentora Cantalupo 11 43 ,473 09-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: itzdaniel483
[How-To] Install Redmine/Passenger/GIT/Subversion james30263 7 27 ,140 09-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Last Post: james30263
How to install mod_pagespeed on Sentora testing 0 3 ,417 11-26-2017, 06:23 AM
Last Post: testing