This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

OS not supported
OS not supported
Hi there

I'm moving to new VPS, but there's an issue, almost big providers, DO, Vultr, Linode,... do not provide Centos Minimal versions, only standards

And sentora can not be installed properly on these standard CentOS, there are always some plugins and addon not working, such as port 21 closed on CentOS 7.4, Ubuntu 16+ not supported, CentOS 6 then MySQL is too old, ... too many things.

Your sentora is too weak. You can not develop sentora on minimal OS while providers do not support these minimal versions.

Please suggest me a best OS for sentora. Many thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: OS not supported
(02-06-2018, 10:05 AM)7rdoq Wrote: Hi there

I'm moving to new VPS, but there's an issue, almost big providers, DO, Vultr, Linode,... do not provide Centos Minimal versions, only standards

And sentora can not be installed properly on these standard CentOS, there are always some plugins and addon not working, such as port 21 closed on CentOS 7.4, Ubuntu 16+ not supported, CentOS 6 then MySQL is too old, ... too many things.

Your sentora is too weak. You can not develop sentora on minimal OS while providers do not support these minimal versions.

Please suggest me a best OS for sentora. Many thanks

First thing to do is to ask your new VPS provider if they have a minimal install of CentOS or Ubuntu that is not listed.

The other alternative would be to remove all of the LAMP stack after you spin up their version of your desired OS. I think this topic has been discussed here before. One of the others like @Tgates should be able to give you a list of what to uninstall before trying to run the SENTORA installer.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Supported OS Account_Own 1 5 ,549 04-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Me.B