This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Deleted Records Manager - Automatic / CRON?
Deleted Records Manager - Automatic / CRON?
Hi there.

Is there any way to set up a cron task or any other way to automatically delete records which have been removed.

I fail to understand the use of having deleted records anyway, does anyone have any idea why it would be useful?, maybe only for a recovery feature.. but I am yet to see that in any modules or planned modules.

I've recently been implementing with WHMCS and multiple servers, working very well, but having a bunch of problem when needing to re-register clients due to records existing and considering I have multiple servers, it's a real pain to login to each one and clear the records.

Any automation for this?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Deleted Records Manager - Automatic / CRON?
It is done by design. (To keep deleted records.) There are many reasons, one of the most important is to keep track of who/what was on your server for legal purposes to help protect yourself. It is also there to prevent spammers from re-registering, etc. There is no cron created to remove these entries.

I suppose you could make a cron to do this, but it is not recommended.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(01-17-2018, 12:30 AM)TGates Wrote: It is done by design. (To keep deleted records.) There are many reasons, one of the most important is to keep track of who/what was on your server for legal purposes to help protect yourself. It is also there to prevent spammers from re-registering, etc. There is no cron created to remove these entries.

I suppose you could make a cron to do this, but it is not recommended.

I suppose that makes sense, although, surely a log would be better instead of database entries. Anyway, I wouldn't know the best way to set up a cron without blowing up my entire installation.. any ideas?

I'm familar with cron, just wouldn't know how to program it.

ALSO, on the subject of CRON, I've NEVER figured out how to use the cron section of sentora panel to run lets say:

Code:
*/5 * * * * php -q /var/sentora/hostdata/userabc/public_html/domainname/crons/cron.php

Could you be as kind to advise how to do this? I've just been using crontab, which is fine.. but you know, would be nice to figure out the panel side too.
Thanks given by:
Proper CRON setup

Thanks given by:
(01-17-2018, 01:01 AM)TGates Wrote: Proper CRON setup

Thanks man, how about the cron that I should be running to clear deleted records?
Thanks given by:
You could pick parts of the Deleted Records module to make a cron file to do the work. (copy and paste?)

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
File Manager Module Error thehosterx 15 34 ,529 11-19-2017, 02:41 AM
Last Post: TGates
File Manager ams10030 1 5 ,609 07-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Me.B
File manager - Sprut.io insha 2 8 ,893 06-28-2016, 09:56 AM