This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Reseller/Users Domain Nameservers
Reseller/Users Domain Nameservers
I've installed and everything running so far
Main Domain & Panel subdomain working
I added a second domain and changed the nameservers at freenom to
NS1.MyMainDomain & NS2.MyMainDomain
but when i check 2nd domain not going to welcome page (index.html)
am i missing something simple ???
Thanks given by:
RE: Reseller/Users Domain Nameservers
You need to make sure your nameservers point to your server. Just adding them in Sentora in not enough. Here is an example of how to do it at your registrar for your main account if using single IP: http://docs.sentora.org/?node=95
The same process can be used for multiple server IPs just by changing the ns2 IP to your second IP if you have one.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
what i did to get it working was DNS MANAGER created new records for 2nd domain name i added after main domain all working ok (soFar) then in the records for 2nd domain. records shown where ns1.2ndDomain Ns2.2ndDomain
change them to Ns1.MainDomain Ns2.MainDomain
I thought that would've been automatic.
Does that meen i have to tell users everytime they add a new domain to 1st create DNS records in Sentora for that domain then change the nameservers in Sentora to NS!.MainDomian & NS2.MainDomain ?
Thanks given by:
They will always need to go into the DNS manager after they add a domain so it creates the default DNS records or their domain will never work. That is by design. It should not matter about changing the NS records inside Sentora. When they register their domains, all they need to do is point them at your main nameservers provided you set them up properly according to the doc page I linked you to.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
THANKS Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,002 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
About Reseller section mailinh689 1 3 ,600 09-25-2020, 11:43 PM
Last Post: TGates
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,273 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates