This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

FTP root file foler is empty?
FTP root file foler is empty?
I was checking my files in /(root) directory via ftp but it has nothing, no mail files, other root files, shouldn't be there? but has directory for my website and public_html for the same.
Thanks given by:
RE: FTP root file foler is empty?
(10-01-2017, 09:27 PM)testing Wrote: I was checking my files in /(root) directory via ftp but it has nothing, no mail files, other root files, shouldn't be there? but has directory for my website and public_html for the same.

You cannot view the /root/ folder without using the root login details.
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:
/root folder is not where you should find your sentora files.

Sentora use:

/var/lib/sentora

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2017, 06:49 PM)Me.B Wrote: /root folder is not where you should find your sentora files.

Sentora use:

/var/lib/sentora

M B

I think he was logging into the server using the ftp created, which would not allow him to view the /root/ or /var/lib/sentora
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:
betatester3.0 sentora don't creat SSH users.. So you can't login using FTP and less access /root. The only way here is using the SSH root login and so my answer above apply.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2017, 10:12 PM)Me.B Wrote: @[betatester3.0] sentora don't creat SSH users.. So you can't login using FTP and less access /root. The only way here is using the SSH root login and so my answer above apply.

tried to login as root using winscp and does not allow
os is ubuntu and iyou cannot ssh as root. have to login as username created when install then sudo -i to change to root.
how can i do the same with winscp ???
i keep getting permission denied when trying to access certain folders
Thanks given by:
(01-16-2018, 01:52 AM)CMs222 Wrote: tried to login as root using winscp and does not allow
os is ubuntu and iyou cannot ssh as root. have to login as username created when install then sudo -i to change to root.
how can i do the same with winscp ???
i keep getting permission denied when trying to access certain folders

For security sake, when you set up SSH for using WinSCP, use secure keys instead of a username and password combination. It will allow your communications to the server to be easily made AND it will mean everything passed on SSH is encrypted. This prevents a "man in the middle" attack stealing your credentials. It also puts an end to worrying about someone successfully running a "brute force attack" on port 22 - although they will continue to try. (See Fail2ban)

There are tutorials all over the net on how to do this with on Unix (AKA Linux) OS'es. Use your favorite browser to find an appropriate tutorial.
Everyone makes mistakes, but to truly screw up it takes the root password!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to set up File Manger for Sentora? donaldaugust 1 3 ,174 01-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Site Not Updating changes made in The HTML file me7leelee 4 7 ,967 05-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: 5050
How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory vsvinit0 4 8 ,968 10-09-2019, 10:05 PM
Last Post: vsvinit0