This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Increase MYsql file size Upload
RE: Increase MYsql file size Upload
I completely forgot that phpmyadmin needs to changes,

re open the php.ini file and find "post_max_size = " and put the size you would like.

so the two that has to be changed to work with phpmyadmin is:
max_file_upload = 5G
post_max_size = 5G
hit ctrl+x then Y to save. That should work aas I just tested it, although It might not display the 5gb max size it might show the previous 2,088kb.

That should work, if it does not then fiddle around with the values of the following:
post_max_size =
upload_max_filesize =
max_execution_time =
max_input_time =
memory_limit = 256MB

You could do it via ssh, but if you are not familiar with the methods it would be much better for you to use phpmyadmin as it would not cause any problems if you do mess up. although if you mess up using ssh as root user you could do some damage to a important db or file.
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:
(10-02-2017, 06:47 PM)Me.B Wrote: apache have own upload limit but it's defaut is 2GB. So it would work.

If you want to ssh server and add db you can do it

Code:
mysql -u username -p database_name < file.sql

I tried your method as well, but i couldn't add to my database. I keep getting error No such file or directory found. 

But i know my db.sql file is present inside my website home directory, which i m seeing as 

public_html/mydomain_com/db.sql

What wrong am i doing. I also tried to see if i m reach my mysql with the method or not. But when I am using above method I mentioned I couldn't be able to locate my db.sql file and add it to my db. Also my file size if over 2gb.
Thanks given by:
I followed these methods to import my db to mysql keep getting error for no such file or directory.

mysql -u username -p database_name < file.sql ( like you mentioned above) it didnt work. My first is present inside ( /public_html/mydomain_com/db.sql)

mysql -u dbusername -pdbpassword dbname < /public_html/domain_com/db.sql ( but same error - no such file or directory. ) so what is the path to my .sql if it's not present inside according to ssh.

(10-02-2017, 08:14 PM)betatester3.0 Wrote: I completely forgot that phpmyadmin needs to changes,

re open the php.ini file and find "post_max_size = " and put the size you would like.

so the two that has to be changed to work with phpmyadmin is:
max_file_upload = 5G
post_max_size = 5G
hit ctrl+x then Y to save. That should work aas I just tested it, although It might not display the 5gb max size it might show the previous 2,088kb.

That should work, if it does not then fiddle around with the values of the following:
post_max_size =  
upload_max_filesize =
max_execution_time =
max_input_time =
memory_limit = 256MB

You could do it via ssh, but if you are not familiar with the methods it would be much better for you to use phpmyadmin as it would not cause any problems if you do mess up. although if you mess up using ssh as root user you could do some damage to a important db or file.

I have made change in this but I still want to learn ssh way also cause it's all about getting knowing more to understand better. I will upload via phpmyadmin but first i want to try it via ssh. Most likely I will break some db or something, i will reinstall os and will begin at zero, but its' going to get me learn better.
Thanks given by:
The actual hosting space is at /var/sentora/hostdata/[username]/public_html/domain_com/
By just putting /public_html/domain_com/ is not getting you to the domain root...
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: Alex Lewis
The command I posted you must indeed add the correct absolute path for your file. Seem you are only calling the file while it's in another directory then the command would be

Quote:mysql -u username -p database_name < /filepath/file.sql

It always worked for me.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
If you would like to learn here are the steps to import your .sql file
Location to sql file to be imported: /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/mysupersite.tld/db_file.sql

Now that we have the location we can import the file.
SSH into your server and enter the following:
Code:
mysql -u username -p database_name < /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/public_html/mysupersite.tld/db_file.sql

if you want to create a database you can use
Code:
login to mysql...
mysql -u username -p //hit enter it will prompt you for your password
//after you enter your password enter the following
CREATE DATABASE `database_name_to_create`;
//don't forget to add the ";"  at the end of the sql query
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by: TGates
I have made my upload limit to 5gb but file still doesn't get upload. It says too large file. What to do in this case?

I am loooking in these values as you suggested.
; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
; http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.config...ution-time
max_execution_time = 30

; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data. It's a good
; idea to limit this time on productions servers in order to eliminate unexpect$
; long running scripts.
; Default Value: -1 (Unlimited)
; Development Value: 60 (60 seconds)
; Production Value: 60 (60 seconds)
; http://www.php.net/manual/en/info.config...input-time
max_input_time = 60

To what time or number I should raise them to make sure my files gets uploaded via phpmyadmin?

; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
; http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.ph...mory-limit
memory_limit = 128M

To what extent I should raise it?
Thanks given by:
First off, if you are trying to import huge DB files like that one (5gb) you should use BigDump or something similar. Changing your server settings is not the correct way to 'fix' large database imports.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Thanks Buddy for sharing such a valuable content.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to set up File Manger for Sentora? donaldaugust 1 3 ,174 01-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Nigel
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,866 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,569 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator