This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Increase MYsql file size Upload
Increase MYsql file size Upload
Hi, 
Guys, can you help me upload my database to my website so that it gets to phpmyadmin. 

Both methods : 
How can i increase file size upload to "10gb" in place of "(Max: 2,048KiB)" in for mysql?

Also can you tell me method to install my db via ssh so it gets to phpmyadmin and works with my website files? 

cpanel allows db_user to be like db_12442 but sentora only allows "xxxxxxx" without any prefix, so do i have to make any changes in my db so that it can be uploaded and works properly, if so, how do i achieve it?

Thanks. 
Thanks given by:
RE: Increase MYsql file size Upload
(10-01-2017, 09:02 PM)testing Wrote: Hi, 
Guys, can you help me upload my database to my website so that it gets to phpmyadmin. 

Both methods : 
How can i increase file size upload to "10gb" in place of "(Max: 2,048KiB)" in for mysql?

Also can you tell me method to install my db via ssh so it gets to phpmyadmin and works with my website files? 

cpanel allows db_user to be like db_12442 but sentora only allows "xxxxxxx" without any prefix, so do i have to make any changes in my db so that it can be uploaded and works properly, if so, how do i achieve it?

Thanks. 

Hey bud,

Go to your php.ini file and search for "upload_max_filesize" and adjust the value to fit your needs.

don't forget to restart HTTPD
Code:
systemctl httpd restart
or
service httpd restart
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:
"Hey bud,

Go to your php.ini file and search for "upload_max_filesize" and adjust the value to fit your needs.

Code:
systemctl restart httpd"

How to reach php.ini, i am unable to locate it via file manager in root folder, I see my root folder as empty but has only directory for my website but no other files, like mail folder, and alike.
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 09:34 PM)testing Wrote: "Hey bud,

Code:
systemctl restart httpd"

How to reach php.ini, i am unable to locate it via file manager in root folder, I see my root folder as empty but has only directory for my website but no other files, like mail folder, and alike.

login to the server using ssh:
Copy the bellow code and it will take you to the ini file:
First it will download nano (lol I like nano), then it will cd into the etc directory and open the php.ini file for editing Smile.
Code:
yum install nano -y && cd /etc && nano php.ini
After the php.ini file is open then press ctrl+w and then search for "upload_max_filesize", use the arrow keys to move around in the php.ini file.
to save and close the file enter "ctrl+x" it will prompt you with Y/N enter "Y" to save the file"

I would suggest rebooting after that:
Code:
reboot

Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 09:40 PM)betatester3.0 Wrote: login to the server using ssh:
Copy the bellow code and it will take you to the ini file:
First it will download nano (lol I like nano), then it will cd into the etc directory and open the php.ini file for editing Smile.
Code:
yum install nano -y && cd /etc && nano php.ini
After the php.ini file is open then press ctrl+w and then search for "upload_max_filesize", use the arrow keys to move around in the php.ini file.

I did it but what to click to save it and exit?
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 09:49 PM)testing Wrote: I did it but what to click to save it and exit?

to save and close the file enter "ctrl+x" it will prompt you with Y/N enter "Y" to save the file"
Code:
reboot

Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 09:52 PM)betatester3.0 Wrote: to save and close the file enter "ctrl+x" it will prompt you with Y/N enter "Y" to save the file"
Code:
reboot

Also can you tell me method to install my db via ssh so it gets to phpmyadmin and works with my website files? I am asking as I think it's much easier and faster to upload via ssh. 

And cpanel allows db_user to be like db_12442 but sentora only allows "xxxxxxx" without any prefix, so do i have to make any changes in my db so that it can be uploaded and works properly, if so, how do i achieve it?
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 09:58 PM)testing Wrote: Also can you tell me method to install my db via ssh so it gets to phpmyadmin and works with my website files? I am asking as I think it's much easier and faster to upload via ssh. 

And cpanel allows db_user to be like db_12442 but sentora only allows "xxxxxxx" without any prefix, so do i have to make any changes in my db so that it can be uploaded and works properly, if so, how do i achieve it?

Add your domain name, create a database using the db module, create a user for the database created. login using the new user credentials then simply import your db.sql file Smile

Thanks given by:
(10-01-2017, 10:19 PM)betatester3.0 Wrote: Add your domain name, create a database using the db module, create a user for the database created. login using the new user credentials then simply import your db.sql file Smile

Tried twice, but failed to get upload, at 99percent it shows my error that you are uploading file too large type of error. Also I made upload file size as 5gb but I am just trying to upload only 1.2gb file size but it's not taking. 

Can you please tell me to do it via ssh?

If i use this command will it work?
mysql -u dbusername -pdbpassword dbname < /path/to/file/file.sql

Regarding Path, my website db is present inside
/public_html/mydomain_com/db.sql

Should i use this in root ssh?
Thanks given by:
apache have own upload limit but it's defaut is 2GB. So it would work.

If you want to ssh server and add db you can do it

Code:
mysql -u username -p database_name < file.sql
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to set up File Manger for Sentora? donaldaugust 1 3 ,252 01-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Nigel
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,936 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Senator crash problem with mysql provokas 3 9 ,678 08-20-2020, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Your Creator