This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora question and idea
Sentora question and idea
Hello Sentora guys,

I thought of something that would be quite useful of everyone..
Make Sentora have more than one Vhosts Directory to use more then one HDD on server.
This will be very useful like multiserver - When hdd is full can use another drive...

[Image: dec9236582202cec.png]
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora question and idea
you can use symbolic links already to move data... not sure it's a good idea as most servers will have one main data volume.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(10-05-2017, 07:22 PM)Me.B Wrote: you can use symbolic links already to move data... not sure it's a good idea as most servers will have one main data volume.

M B

I don't wanna move any data! I have server with six hdd and want to format all drives to work it on sentora client's storage at the same time

Like this:

if /host/hdd1 is full use /host/hdd2 while hdd1 already is work and don't stop.
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2017, 01:32 PM)kini Wrote: I don't wanna move any data! I have server with six hdd and want to format all drives to work it on sentora client's storage at the same time

Like this:

if /host/hdd1 is full use /host/hdd2 while hdd1 already is work and don't stop.

This is currently possible as I have been working on a "multi" server setup for sentora, although you will have to change core code which I am not very satisfied with. I might figure out a way eventually to create a module for this although it will be in my free time, which is not any time soon.
-BetaTester3.0  ||  Just Another Sentora User. 

Did you know, Sentora has a full Support Documentation ?
If I helped +rep & Thanks is appreciated.
BTC: 1Bps3ZerDFDDnXJ9XdWtHhdhwsV4MVGLkw

Thanks given by:
(10-06-2017, 08:47 PM)betatester3.0 Wrote: This is currently possible as I have been working on a "multi" server setup for sentora, although you will have to change core code which I am not very satisfied with. I might figure out a way eventually to create a module for this although it will be in my free time, which is not any time soon.

You understand me! Very good idea Idea
Thanks given by:
Multiserver will require too much modification in the core currently. I think we should focus on improving the core.

The main difference whould be to use a central db and set the cron to run only jobs by server ID, it's not so complicated to implement.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,979 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,148 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,556 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel