This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Webserver appears sluggish, Noticed Sentora_core DB >300MB
Webserver appears sluggish, Noticed Sentora_core DB >300MB
Hi fellow Sentora users. So I noticed when doing a backup of my server files and databases today that it took a while to dump the sentora_core database, which I thought was strange. So I went and had a look at the filesize of this database by running this command at the mysql prompt:

SELECT table_schema "database", sum(data_length + index_length)/1024/1024 "size in MB" FROM information_schema.TABLES GROUP BY table_schema;

The result showed that the sentora_core database is 310MB. Is this normal?!?!

I only run 5 Wordpress and Drupal websites on this server and have about 8 email addresses registered. I find it strange that my Drupal website with more than 4000 pieces of content and articles has only a 315MB database size.

So has something gone wrong? Also, I have noticed that my websites, which get very little traffic start stuttering when I try to open more than 2-3 website tabs of the same site, which seems strange. I'm running this server on Digitalocean droplet, with 1CPU, 1GHZ, 1GB memory. As I mentioned I have 5 sites in total, 4 wordpress 1 drupal and they get very little to no traffic. These sites were loading fast in the past, and it seems lately things have started to really slow down. Even after a reboot I see it. So perhaps something has gone run on the server?

Can someone suggest a few things I can check? I'm no linux server expert, but I know enough on how to get around and configure different things. Thanks!

(09-30-2017, 04:32 PM)americanninja Wrote: Hi fellow Sentora users. So I noticed when doing a backup of my server files and databases today that it took a while to dump the sentora_core database, which I thought was strange. So I went and had a look at the filesize of this database by running this command at the mysql prompt:

SELECT table_schema "database", sum(data_length + index_length)/1024/1024 "size in MB" FROM information_schema.TABLES GROUP BY table_schema;

The result showed that the sentora_core database is 310MB. Is this normal?!?!

I only run 5 Wordpress and Drupal websites on this server and have about 8 email addresses registered. I find it strange that my Drupal website with more than 4000 pieces of content and articles has only a 315MB database size.

So has something gone wrong? Also, I have noticed that my websites, which get very little traffic start stuttering when I try to open more than 2-3 website tabs of the same site, which seems strange. I'm running this server on Digitalocean droplet, with 1CPU, 1GHZ, 1GB memory. As I mentioned I have 5 sites in total, 4 wordpress 1 drupal and they get very little to no traffic. These sites were loading fast in the past, and it seems lately things have started to really slow down. Even after a reboot I see it. So perhaps something has gone run on the server?

Can someone suggest a few things I can check? I'm no linux server expert, but I know enough on how to get around and configure different things. Thanks!

Okay, I did just check the database tables one by one, and the x_logs table has a whopping 2,729,296 records of data. Any idea why this would happen or why this doesn't get cleared through the system?

Here is a screenshot of the records in the table. It seems these are just happening over and over again.

Execute hook file (modules/apache_admin/hooks/OnDaemonRun.hook.php)
Execute hook file (modules/dns_manager/hooks/OnDaemonRun.hook.php)
Execute hook file (modules/mysql_databases/hooks/OnDaemonRun.hook.php)
Execute hook file (modules/zpx_core_module/hooks/OnDaemonRun.hook.php)
Execute hook file (modules/webalizer_stats/hooks/OnDaemonHour.hook.php)
Execute hook file (modules/backup_admin/hooks/OnDaemonDay.hook.php)
Execute hook file (modules/updates/hooks/OnDaemonDay.hook.php)
Thanks given by:
RE: Webserver appears sluggish, Noticed Sentora_core DB >300MB
Suggested fix on your other post.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
RE: Webserver appears sluggish, Noticed Sentora_core DB >300MB
(10-01-2017, 07:00 AM)TGates Wrote: Suggested fix on your other post.

Thanks TGates! I'm assuming you mean this post: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...6#pid21326.
It took me a while to figure out which post, for some reason I wasn't subscribed to that one. One complaint about this forum, I feel that it should just automatically subscribe the user to any thread they post on, or at least easily show them they are not subscribe when commenting. Otherwise people tend to post something and then never follow up even when a post happens as they may be unaware. Anyway, maybe its just me not properly using the tool.

Thank you though!
Thanks given by: