This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Speedup WP website customer
Speedup WP website customer
A webmaster is bussy with speeding up a WP website. He's complains's about reaction time server is to low and his  ExpireHeaders are not working. He's using PageSpeed Google.

What can I do to speed up the server ?
How can I let the headers work?

First i like to check if there are other parameters to set in PHP, Apache, MYSQL etc  to tune my server.
Second, Is saw the possibility to install Varnisch. But this is something to do later.
and,
I am not a fan of WP but i could also advice WP Supercache .

Specs:
Digital Ocean:
Code:
Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-43-generic x86_64)
 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/
  System information as of Sun Sep  3 16:14:54 CEST 2017

System load:  0.28               Processes:           85
  Usage of /:   39.7% of 29.40GB   Users logged in:     0
  Memory usage: 35%                IP address for eth0: xxxxxxx
  Swap usage:   0%                 IP address for eth1: xxxxxxxxx

Php 5.5.9
Loaded Modules:
core mod_so mod_watchdog http_core mod_log_config mod_logio mod_version mod_unixd mod_access_compat mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_core mod_authn_file mod_authz_core mod_authz_host mod_authz_user mod_autoindex mod_bw mod_deflate mod_dir mod_env mod_filter mod_headers mod_mime prefork mod_negotiation mod_php5 mod_proxy mod_proxy_ajp mod_proxy_balancer mod_proxy_connect mod_proxy_html mod_proxy_http mod_rewrite mod_setenvif mod_slotmem_shm mod_socache_shmcb mod_ssl mod_status mod_xml2enc

Zend 7.0.3
Thanks given by:
RE: Speedup WP website customer
Use super cache that will fix the website. Also use P3 (Plugin Profiler Performance) to check if a plugin is not killing it.

Usually I found badly written plugins that will be clugged with DB requests. I found a plugin from a big editor not using limit to pull conextual posts and with a blog over 100k posts it will kill the server. Few tweakes got back 80% of the resources.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Speedup WP website customer
(09-22-2017, 10:15 PM)Me.B Wrote: Use super cache that will fix the website. Also use P3 (Plugin Profiler Performance) to check if a plugin is not killing it.

Usually I found badly written plugins that will be clugged with DB requests. I found a plugin from a big editor not using limit to pull conextual posts and with a blog over 100k posts it will kill the server. Few tweakes got back 80% of the resources.

M B

Thanks Me.B for the advice and information.

Does anybody know how I can enable cache in php?
phpinfo telling me:
Quote:HTTP Response Headers

Expires               Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control   no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma               no-cache
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Split Website log files. spoonman 1 3 ,319 01-01-2022, 10:00 AM
Last Post: TGates
Uploaded Website Not Updating GiantEspresso 3 6 ,906 04-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Ron-e