This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Tired of SPAM troubles in Sentora
Tired of SPAM troubles in Sentora
Hi. I have had major issues with mailserver in Sentora. So much spam that just about everyone has blocked us.
So I have had to stop the postfix server.

Is anyone running a mail server on a separate server. If so which. I found an article on Mailcow.

It looks like Sentora is no longer active which is really sad.

The other option would be to use Google but that would cost a lot.

I also installed Pfsense which helped a bit. Is anyone running the mail server in Sentora?
Thanks given by:
RE: Tired of SPAM troubles in Sentora
I only have one account that gets a lot of spam, I re-routed it through a gmail account to let them deal with the spam. The rest of my accounts are not too bad. It all depends on things you have signed up for and if your email is somehow visible to spam bots on your site or else where. I too have been fighting with spam settings and checks and unfortunately never wrote down the steps I took Sad
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2017, 06:09 PM)Qtech Wrote: Hi. I have had major issues with mailserver in Sentora. So much spam that just about everyone has blocked us.
Are you receiving spam (problem on every mail server, if they got your email they keep sending you spam and there is antispam software) then why are they blocking you? or

is your server sending spam (in this case you need to secure your server, might be a misconfiguration of your server) or

are they sending emails which look like they are coming from your server but are just spoofed email addresses (i think that is called this way) that use your domains/email addresses but are NOT coming from your server (in this case config atleast your SPF).

(08-31-2017, 06:09 PM)Qtech Wrote: It looks like Sentora is no longer active which is really sad.
Not true!
Maybe it's a bit slow, all help is welcome!

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: TGates
Thanks guys.

The server is being used to spam. I am talking about 1,000s in 30 seconds. When I tail the postfix logs it's flowing like a river. I have configured SPF. check out roboq.org dns.

So glad to hear that Sentora is still active.

I think I will reconfigure a new server. I did come across this article.
https://maxiblammo.wordpress.com/2016/04...n-sentora/

Has anyone tried to use Mailcow inconjunction with Sentora?
Thanks given by:
Most of the time we hear about spam being sent from a Sentora server its because websites run on insecure website software.
What i mean with that is, wordpress, joomla etc. which is compromised bij insecure plugins or just not updating.
From where on your server is the email send?
With pop or via the send() option in php and if so from which php script etc. etc.?
Just saying don't blame Sentora immediately, find out where it comes from.....

P.S. isn't postgray to reject incoming spam?
You problem is outgoing spam, so not a solution for this problem.
It's not a bad thing to install.. lol
BTW, i just gave you a link to Postgray install and tweaks especially for Sentora on CentOS7 (your profile is saying you use CentOS7) in my other post.. >> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1136

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
I am using pineapp for spam

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,947 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,127 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,535 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM