This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Suggestions for the next release of sentora
Suggestions for the next release of sentora
Hi everyone...

I had some time using sentora in testing mode, in amazon AWS (EC2 micro instance+EBS+elastic IP+SES for verified outgoing mail), now my free 12 months of AWS has finished, no i'm testing it on virtual machine for remember install, config an bugs solutions (in AWS i just had a bug with ftp server on fresh install).

So, i not participate in the forum actively, my low level of english is a limitant, i dont care to much updates related with a little isual functions, i prefer stability on any system, i just waht a sugest that in the sentora panel coud be this:

Automatize Panel and webmail subdomains for the costumer domains, example:

i'm a normal user in sentora and set up my domain: ordenazteca.com.mx

if i want enter to my panel i have to use: sentorasubdomain.xyz
it could be great if i can use: panel.ordenazteca.com.mx

for mail i have to use: http://sentorasubdomain.xyz/etc/apps/webmail/

it could be great if i can use: mail.ordenazteca.com.mx or correo.ordenazteca.com.mx

I known that i coud do it manually, a do it in my test, but it would be great that it was automatic on domain setup, for any user type: admin, resellers, users.

Inclusive, put in the sentors config a option for set the subdomain name for the panel and web access url, and on domain setup aautomatically sentora do the config.

example: mail domain prefix: string value

string value example: mail/correo

mail.ordenazteca.com.mx
correo.ordenazteca.com.mx

mail.google.com.mx
correo.google.com.mx

the same for the panel

So thats all my comments, i will try participate and feed back my experience and help if i can in the forum.

Thanks for your time (for develop sentora), and for read my thread.
Thanks given by: TGates
RE: Suggestions for the next release of sentora
Just modify the field for new domain when you add it to sentora dns

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
yep agree we should isolate apps using subdomains.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
This is not a good solution and would break the modular design of Sentora. As well as needing extra SSL entries/certificates if you use SSL. The best practice, and easiest, is to use a folder alias added to each domain like /webmail or /mysql for example: domain.com/webmail or domain.com/mysql
These do not require additional DNS configurations and will work under the main domain's SSL certificate if in use.
This is the method I have been using and is described here: [How-To] Set up /webmail or /mysql for all domains

Note about breaking the modular design:
Sentora modules are meant to rely on themselves only. For example, you can completely remove the DNS manager and bind9 and use external DNS withou affecting any other panel functions.
I do suppose adding a check to see if DNS Manager=Enabled>Add webmail.customerdomain.com / mysql.customerdomain.com entries. (You can not use mail.customerdomain.com since the 'mail' sub domain is reserved for the email server's mx records.)

Creating panel.domain.com for all domains is a great idea but the panel is currently designed to work off one main domain like panel.yourhostingdomain.com
Past tests of using just IP, domain.com/panel, panel.customerdomain.com, etc. have shown random issues with functionality such as module failures. (Incorrect paths and URLs)

From a security standpoint as server owner, panel.yourhostingdomain.com is literally the best practice since the server owner can put SSL on to it to ensure encrypted access to the panel, unlike if a customer uses panel.customerdomain.com and does not add SSL their connection to the panel will not be as secure. (Same with webmail.domain.com and mysql.domain.com)

I'll see if I can make some time this week for testing some of the above functionality.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,968 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,140 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,549 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM