This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Disk Quota Issues
Disk Quota Issues
Hello. I'm trying to set limits to how much disk space my users can have, and I'm having some problems with it. This is what I've been doing.

I (plan to) have multiple sites on my server, and I've thought of using the Reseller part of Sentora admin panel. I need to do this, so I can set custom packages for various users - some of them will have hard disk limits set to 100 MB, some to 200 MB, some won't be using a mail account, etc.

After creating a test package and a test user, I logged out of my main Sentora account, and then logged in as the test user. The test user created a domain, and an FTP account with RW rights, and started uploading various files to his site via FTP. Instead of disallowing further upload when the limit has been reached, the server allowed the uploads to continue. His site was unavailable because of it, which is fine, but the test user could still keep on uploading. After checking the ownerships, I could see that he was being treated as user 48 / apache.

Is there a way for me to prevent the test user from exceeding the alloted disk space? Something along the lines of - when a user is created through Reseller, he gets his own userid (instead of being treated like user 48), his own /home, every FTP account he creates has the same id as his own, etc.
Thanks given by:
RE: Disk Quota Issues
Sentora uses virtual users only.
Here's some information on how it is supposed to work: http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Quotas.html

After reviewing this, I think there is a bug.
Me.B
I was checking into this and I have noticed there are no entries in the proftpd tables: ftpquotalimits or ftpquotatallies tables for in/out/xfer. Shouldn't these tables be populated when an FTP action is done?

And also, shouldn't the content of the ftpgroup table be: www-data 33 ftpuser instead of ftpgroup 2001 ftpuser ?

Not 100% sure how it works, but there should be changes in the ftpquotatallies table every time an FTP file transfer is done.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: JSmith
I will digg this and add it to my task list.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: TGates
Ok, basically, since there are no quotas set in ftpquotalimiits anything can be uploaded. If you set a limit in bytes_in_available transfers stop (or get blocked) when the max number of bytes has been sent.
 Also, due to the fact it is set in bytes, 9999999999 is the most bytes allowed in the DB table which is very limited.
We will have to look into this for a future release.

BTW: ftpgroup 2001 ftpuser in the ftpgroup table still allows the blocking if limit exceeded.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: JSmith
Thank you for the answers. I guess I'll wait for the update.
Thanks given by:
How to update disk space usage in less time????
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
how to update quota in roundcube? oliviagreene 1 4 ,142 09-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Excessive disk usage testing 11 24 ,583 12-15-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
SO MANY SECURITY ISSUES!! Sentora needs serious updates! aaronlroberts 9 19 ,384 11-24-2018, 01:48 AM
Last Post: siulian